Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by ivfmommy: Family friendly and casual

Family friendly and casual

Sail Date: April 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Charleston

This was our first cruise and we chose it for its value and we hoped for the best. We chose an oceanview room for our family of 5 and it was definitely cramped quarters! thankfully my kids are little!! We set sail on Tuesday 4/16/13 and the ship was filled with other families too. Our plan was to put the kids into Camp Carnival for a couple of hours a day and it worked well during and after dinner. They loved playing with the other kids and the toys and we enjoyed the adult time!

We werent impressed with the dining options. We chose the Dine Your Time option, so we werent stuck with the same dining time every night...the food was just ok in the restaurant (Celebration Dining room). The same food was served on the buffet at Windows by the Sea just not presented as nicely! The desserts were better in the dining room though :) the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake and the Bread Pudding were delicious!

Biggest complaint I had, the uncontrolled teens/tweens running rampant More on the deck around the pool and into the buffet area. There were plenty of signs stating that shirts and shoes were required in Windows by the Sea yet more dripping wet kids came in off the pool deck to get ice cream or just came running thru to talk to their parents or other kids. One of my kids got tackled as we were headed to the bathroom and the kid that ran him over didnt even turn back to see if he was ok...my son is 3! Thankfully he was fine but honestly I was ready to rip the kid's head off!

I dont think I will cruise on Carnival again just because we were disappointed with the dining and overall vibe of the ship. It was fun but not what we were looking for. Less

Read more Carnival Fantasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Fantasy Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Fantasy U198

We were in Cabin U198 (level 6), location was perfect for getting to Camp Carnival (deck 9 aft) and Windows on the Sea buffet dining (deck 10 aft) it was quiet enough, though we had 3 kids under 6 in our room so quiet is a relative term! Our neighbors may have felt differently :) the room has 3 closets, first one had life jackets and bedding stored in it, 2nd had 2 bathrobes and we stored a suitcase in it along with our dressy clothes, and the 3rd had shelves and a safe in it. The vanity had several drawers that were basically useless, as they were too shallow to actually store anything in them. we had the room set with a king bed (two twin beds together), 2 upper bunks open and a trundle bed on the floor under a bunk. there was also a chair that we couldnt use because it was in the corner trapped alongside a table that was also unusable. Window was a little sketchy, screws missing and it looked as if it could use some repairs. the bathroom was roomier than I expected, water pressure was mediocre, but it definitely got hot!

the Straw market was easier to maneuver here, no one trying to shove baubles into my hands or my kids hands. we didnt go further than the pier though.
Read 775 Freeport Reviews

We walked to Junkanoo beach and it was FABULOUS!! the beach was a little rocky but clean, we ate lunch at one of the surf shacks and spent the morning in the water. It was lovely!! Afterward we walked thru the Straw Market which was a hot mess!! people were trying to sell us everything, shoving things at my kids and just crazy. We didnt take an excursion, it was too expensive, the walk was not far and it was way cheaper than taking an excursion from the ship :)
Read 2625 Nassau Reviews