Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by ivfmommy

Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Number: U198
        3-6 5.0

Family friendly and casual
This was our first cruise and we chose it for its value and we hoped for the best. We chose an oceanview room for our family of 5 and it was definitely cramped quarters! thankfully my kids are little!! We set sail on Tuesday 4/16/13 and the ship was filled with other families too. Our plan was to put the kids into Camp Carnival for a couple of hours a day and it worked well during and after dinner. They loved playing with the other kids and the toys and we enjoyed the adult time!

We werent impressed with the dining options. We chose the Dine Your Time option, so we werent stuck with the same dining time every night...the food was just ok in the restaurant (Celebration Dining room). The same food was served on the buffet at Windows by the Sea just not presented as nicely! The desserts were better in the dining room though :) the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake and the Bread Pudding were delicious!

Biggest complaint I had, the uncontrolled teens/tweens running rampant on the deck around the pool and into the buffet area. There were plenty of signs stating that shirts and shoes were required in Windows by the Sea yet more dripping wet kids came in off the pool deck to get ice cream or just came running thru to talk to their parents or other kids. One of my kids got tackled as we were headed to the bathroom and the kid that ran him over didnt even turn back to see if he was ok...my son is 3! Thankfully he was fine but honestly I was ready to rip the kid's head off!

I dont think I will cruise on Carnival again just because we were disappointed with the dining and overall vibe of the ship. It was fun but not what we were looking for.

Publication Date: 04/26/13
Read the Bahamas ports review by ivfmommy
More Carnival Fantasy Cruise Reviews