Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Rock_ON!!

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Rock_ON!!
Carnival Liberty
Carnival Liberty
Member Name: Rock_ON!!
Cruise Date: April 2013
Cabin Category: 8A
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Don't rule out Carnival Cruises
I must admit that I was nervous for my Carnival Liberty cruise as it was just after the multiple malfunctions of their other ships. I was pleasantly relieved as everything ran smoothly all week long. I also believe that a good attitude makes a world of difference. Many staff members went above and beyond to be genuinely friendly towards their guests and provided great service.

We arrived at the Port of Miami around noon and boarded quickly with no issues. The rooms were ready by 1:30 pm and our luggage was delivered shortly after. The room was clean and our room steward Antonio was efficient keeping our room tidy all week long. We had one issue with a clogged drain, but it was resolved with in a 1/2 hour after we asked for help.

The food in the Golden Olympian was good, not spectacular, but the wait staff more than made up for it. Amnaj (AJ) and his crew were spirited waiters and were always professional and good for a joke or two. We even saw our favorite waiter Henry from a prior cruise we took over two years ago and remembered my husband by name. One night the head chief Panda even came over to our table to introduce himself and offered to cook my child any meal she choose. There is now a magician in the dining room to offer a trick or two. The food on the lido deck was fine. Guys burgers are really as good as they say they are and so are the burritos at the Blue Iguana .

There was plenty of activities to choose from all day and night long. There are shows, trivia games, and all types of music all over the ship. I really enjoyed a singer named Dillion who sang his heart out for 5 hours one night.

Debarkation was also quick. We were called at 7:45 and finished with customs by 8:15 am.

Overall, we had a great vacation. I believe that the time we as guests put into getting to know these hard working employees makes a world of difference with our experience. They work long hours to make us, their guests happy, and a little kindness, appreciation , and acknowledgement of a job well done goes a long way. Carnival still is the FUN ship and made us feel like VIFP's.

Publication Date: 04/23/13
Read the Eastern Caribbean ports review by Rock_ON!!
More Carnival Liberty Cruise Reviews