Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Rock_ON!!: Don't rule out Carnival Cruises

Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Don't rule out Carnival Cruises

Sail Date: April 2013

I must admit that I was nervous for my Carnival Liberty cruise as it was just after the multiple malfunctions of their other ships. I was pleasantly relieved as everything ran smoothly all week long. I also believe that a good attitude makes a world of difference. Many staff members went above and beyond to be genuinely friendly towards their guests and provided great service.

We arrived at the Port of Miami around noon and boarded quickly with no issues. The rooms were ready by 1:30 pm and our luggage was delivered shortly after. The room was clean and our room steward Antonio was efficient keeping our room tidy all week long. We had one issue with a clogged drain, but it was resolved with in a 1/2 hour after we asked for help.

The food in the Golden Olympian was good, not spectacular, but the wait staff more than made up for it. Amnaj (AJ) and his crew were spirited waiters and were always professional and good for a joke or two. We even saw our More favorite waiter Henry from a prior cruise we took over two years ago and remembered my husband by name. One night the head chief Panda even came over to our table to introduce himself and offered to cook my child any meal she choose. There is now a magician in the dining room to offer a trick or two. The food on the lido deck was fine. Guys burgers are really as good as they say they are and so are the burritos at the Blue Iguana .

There was plenty of activities to choose from all day and night long. There are shows, trivia games, and all types of music all over the ship. I really enjoyed a singer named Dillion who sang his heart out for 5 hours one night.

Debarkation was also quick. We were called at 7:45 and finished with customs by 8:15 am.
Overall, we had a great vacation. I believe that the time we as guests put into getting to know these hard working employees makes a world of difference with our experience. They work long hours to make us, their guests happy, and a little kindness, appreciation , and acknowledgement of a job well done goes a long way. Carnival still is the FUN ship and made us feel like VIFP's. Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Balcony Upper 6232

This room was my first balcony room. The views from the port side when pulling into the ports were beautiful! It was great to sit outside and have a quiet place to your self. It is located over the Venetian Palace theater and yes, you can hear the shows when in your room. It wasn't loud enough that we couldn't sleep, and most of the shows were over by 10 pm. There was little foot traffic in this location being that it is located in the aft of the ship. The little bit of noise that was heard at night would not deter me from booking this room again.

A beautiful little island that you can either relax and just unwind at the beach, or choose to participate in an excursion. The water is crystal clear and the beach and facilities are clean. A BBQ lunch is provided in a buffet style and covered picnic tables are available.

This is a beautiful city with a lot to see. The city is very clean, we always felt safe, and the people are not pushy selling their wares. We took a air conditioned bus tour ( got a $20 deal per person right off the ship) of the city and saw all the major sites. They offered to drop you off at El Morro, which was a reasonable walking distance back to the port. They local people are very proud of their island and have every reason to be. There is a free trolley that stops at all the major sites if you choose to do our own walking tour. This is somewhere I'd like to go back to and spend more time exploring.
Read 1353 San Juan Reviews