Carnival Dream Cruise Review by bibbysnow: My Friend's First Carnival Cruise

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean Cruises

My Friend's First Carnival Cruise

Sail Date: April 2013
Embarkation: Other

My friend and I have been leaving our husbands home and taking an annual cruise by ourselves. This was her first Carnival cruise as we have been sailing on Royal Caribbean.

We booked the cruise late in February and she had some trepidation after the Triumph cruise nightmare the following week, and then Carnival Dream getting "stuck" in St. Maarten. I had no worries as I knew they would take care of us.

We were on a budget, but we flew in a day before the cruise, just in case something went wrong. Good thing!!! We missed our flight out of BWI and if we had flown the same day we would have missed the ship.

We reserved a rental car through as it was cheaper than taking a shuttle. We stayed at the LaQuinta in Cocoa Beach. Our plan was to be there early and lay out in the sun, but missing our flight cancelled those plans.

The next morning we dropped our luggage at the port and then dropped the rental car off and got a shuttle back to the ship. It More was a breeze!! We checked in about 11am and got on the ship shortly after as I am a Carnival Players Club member.

We grabbed some lunch, explored the ship and laid out by the pool. I didn't think we could get into our room until about 3:30 but I checked it about 2pm and it was ready. We had a cove balcony and we LOVED IT!!! Our luggage arrived by 3pm.

We chose Your Time Dining and loved it. We normally went into the dining room around 9pm and were served quickly.

On sea days we laid out by the pools. I really like the idea that the pools are in different areas. We mainly laid out by the aft pool. The sliding board was lots of fun.

I asked my friend about the comparison between Royal Caribbean and Carnival and she said she like the cheese better on Royal. Personally, I like them both. I really like the variety of food better on Carnival, and we both loved the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake!!! The shows are a bit better on Royal Caribbean.

This last day we had not made any plans to get back to the airport, but we caught a taxi back for $25 each.

All in all, we had a wonderful cruise!!! Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Balcony Main 2310

Great balcony, great cabin. Connecting cabin. Not under the galley so there was no noise problem.

This is not my favorite port and we are only there a short time. If we were there a longer time there would be more to do. We got off the ship and went to the straw market, then walked back to the ship.
Read 2662 Nassau Reviews

I love this port!! We took a taxi to the Orient Beach, rented chairs and laid in the sun. This is such a beautiful beach and after a while we balk down to the "naturist" beach and see the best entertainment in the Caribbean. When we were ready to go back to the ship, we just caught a cab back. This shopping area is nice at the port.

There are many things to do here, something for everyone, but we have been here may times and enjoy it, but we decided to stay on the ship and take advantage of the crowds going ashore. We got off later in the afternoon and explored the shopping center at the port.
Read 2340 St. Thomas Reviews