Carnival Dream Cruise Review by jetset655: Had a wonderful time on the Dream

jetset655
Member Since 2013

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Had a wonderful time on the Dream

Sail Date: April 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We were lucky enough to get the FTTF pass and it was just great to be able to board right after the Platinum members. We were seated in the Diamond/Platinum section and were on board within minutes of the start of boarding. It seemed that it took longer for them to open the boarding, but I did notice quite a few wedding guests which probably delayed our boarding.

Ports: We had already been to all the Ports once before, but in Nassau I booked a Segway Tour online and that was truly worth the price. The guide was very big into the islands history so the kids got a history lesson. We just went shopping at the other 2 ports.

Dining: The first night we were assigned to the Scarlet dining room which is aft. My poor granddaughter simply could not eat her meal as the ship was definitely swaying a lot! After dinner I went to guest services (no line as FTTF used) and asked if we could move to the Crimson dining room which is mid ship. They directed me to contact the More Maitre D in the Crimson dining room to see if they could accommodate us. The Maitre D was not available however I explained our situation to his assistant. She said she would pass on my request. The next morning a note was under the door which said we could indeed move to the mid ship dining room. This made me and my granddaughter extremely happy. We are early risers so I never waited more than a few moments for food in the Gathering. The dining rooms food was hot and the orders were all correct. We did do the Punchliners brunch and it too was very good.

Stateroom: We had a Cove balcony room (our first balcony) and really loved the room. We had our king bed and the kids had the sofa and the pull down bed. I always sleep very well at sea. The beds were comfortable and the service was great. Room 2353 is in a great location and nice and quiet.

Shows: We took in several comedy shows and they were very entertaining. We also took in 2 shows that featured Willie and Gumby which were also very funny. The dancing in the Streets was good as well.

The Ship: This is a BIG ship, but once you get the hang of it, it is a breeze or should I say dream?. We did use the stairs a lot mainly to knock off some of those food pounds we gained. There were at times slow going for the elevators but again it was spring break and the ship was full.

The Circle C club: We brought along our Grandchildren 12/14 girl/boy and signed them up on Sunday. They appear to have a great time there as several times they were rather late returning to the cabin.

Overall: We plan to cruise again in 2015 (we try to go every other year) and it will be another Carnival trip as my Granddaughter wants to bring her best friend along which would require us to get a quint ocean view room next time. Carnival Dream does offer quints so we will probably save a ton as other lines require you to purchase 2 cabins. Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Balcony Main 2353

Room 2353 was a great cove balcony. Very quiet area and the balcony offered a lot of privacy. We had 3 closets which was OK, but drawer space was extremely limited.

Again we have been here before as well and just did some shopping.

We just did some shopping there as we had been to this port previously.
Read 2322 St. Thomas Reviews