Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by lapplp: Ending on a sour note

Carnival Dream 4
lapplp
Member Since 2012

Ending on a sour note

Sail Date: April 2013
Embarkation: Other

I went on this cruise with 9 friends (we are all widows)we for the most part had a great time. However I was greatly disappointed in the staff at the "customer service" desk. The first time I visited I had trouble with the ATM machine. They sent me to the casino desk who told me that I needed to go back to the customer service desk, my issue was not resolved, I ended up writing a check to a friend to solve my problem. The next visit was after I lost my sail and sign card I was in line with about 10 other people, there was one person at the desk and one just standing there with her head down oblivious to the ever lengthening line. Then the one person that was working the desk walked away for 5 minutes and the other person just stood there. But the icing on the cake was when I went to get off the ship. My card beeped and they sent me back to the customer service desk. Again 3 people up there and only one working. The other two were just staring ahead and not calling people from More the line. I finally just walked up to one who acted like she was unaware of what she was suppose to be doing. Finally she took my information, went in the back and then came out and asked me if I lost a paper. I asked what paper? She then asked for my receipt and then said oh, never mind you can go. When I got to the airport I realized that I had left my Kindle on board. I immediately called and filed an lost and found report. I then realized that our steward must have reported it lost and that is why my card beeped. SOME CUSTOMER SERVICE. Less

Published 04/23/13

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: 8B9422

The room was great, loved having a balcony.

Went to Maya Chan Beach resort and it was the high point of the cruise. We booked directly with Maya Chan Beach.
Read 1064 Costa Maya Reviews

Was really disappointed that this cruise line built its own port and takes away business from these hard working poverty stricken island. Why not invest in the main port and help them help themselves?
Read 1744 Roatan Reviews