Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by KB's mom: Disney Fantasy April 2013

Compare Prices on Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruises

Disney Fantasy April 2013

Sail Date: April 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

The ship was immaculate and showed no signs of wear and tear from the large amount of children that have cruised on this ship in the past year. The dining staff is incredibly professional and catered to everyone's needs. They noticed small details at the table about likes and dislikes, and followed through the rest of the week. You didn't even have to ask.

My daughter has lots of food allergies, including uncooked milk products, nuts and eggs. They were careful to ensure that her diet never deviated from her limited menu. Several times, a chef actually came out and presented her meal directly to her. I was so impressed. They stock a "nondairy ice-cream", which she loved. I was told they had ice pops on board available through room service, but forgot to ask because she like the icecream so much.

Disappointing things...Sleeping Beauty is away on medical leave for the next few weeks. Beer selection limited. On tap, your best bet is the craft beer they serve More in O'Gill's. In bottles, you can choose Sam Adams or Bass. Otherwise, its just Miller, Bud, Coors and Corona. We rented a car and grabbed a couple of 6 packs of Sweetwater IPA at Publix and brought it on board. I would recommend this if you can do it.

The Fitness Center was small compared to other ships i have been on. There were often lines for fitness machines at peak times. Disney clearly caters to children, because the kids club was huge.

The pool deck can get very crowded with lots of kids that just jump in every direction. It amazes me that there are not more inuries. It can be a little nerve wracking to watch. There is no lifeguard either, so plan on sitting poolside to make sure you child does not drown. We tried to steer my daughter away from the 11th deck at peak times.

Favorite stop was Castaway Cay. Island is clean, without local panhandlers, and lots of chairs and umbrellas. The sand is somewhat rocky, with lots of shells. I would recommend boat shoes for the kids to wear, and hopefully Disney will clean it up with a sifter before I return.

Embarkation process and disembarkation process with both very efficient. Better than any other cruise line. Less

Read more Disney Fantasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Fantasy Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Fantasy 7152

We slept in cabin 7152, which is a 3 person room, which was a little disappointing to my daughter that wanted a bunk bed, but she got over it very quickly. (FYI, my parents were in cabin 7656, which was also a 3 person room). The room was spacious. It was quiet on sea days, but noisy early in the morning on port days. I think it was a combination of referred noise from the work area in the center of the shipped, combined with early rising children running up and down the halls. The balcony was a perfect size. The balconies can open up if you know your neighbor. Plenty of closet space.