“Radiance delivered in spades”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas

forestmaiden Radiance of the Seas 5 Radiance delivered in spades
forestmaiden
Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I just came back from a ten day cruise on The Radiance of The Seas to Queensland, traveling with my husband and my son. It was my twelfth cruise and my son's first. It was a fantastic cruise, smooth seas for the most part, and fairly good weather. The food was amazing and much enjoyed by all. My son could not get enough of the delicious bread! The ports we visited were Brisbane, Airlie Beach,Cairns and Newcastle, and we anchored off of Willis Island where there is a weather station, so we could be in International waters to allow the ship to sell us duty free goods! The entertainment was excellent, we had a hypnotist on board who was very good and gave us all a good laugh! The three production shows were great. Bobby,our cruise director was terrific and all his staff were great fun, especially Deborah from Holland. Kim, the Jamaican girl was such a good singer she could have a career as a singer. She had the Quill and Compass bar going off with the Karioke. The last time we were on the ship it had been very dull in that bar. We have tried many cruise lines and Royal Carribbean is our favourite! We would definitely cruise on The Radiance again, and also The Rhapsody of The Seas, which we have also been on twice. Our only slight criticism is we would have liked more activities,such as shuffleboard tournaments on the sea days rather than port days when we were off the ship.
Radiance of the Seas Cruises to Australia & New Zealand
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

Our cabin was an outside cabin on deck three midships. It was a great cabin, not noisy, except sometimes we heard the children in the next cabin. It was not too far from the lifts and was great value for the price we paid.

Port
We did not get off in Brisbane as we have been there many times before and our ship was too big to dock closer to town so it was a long ride in. The last time we were on a cruise ship we were able to walk to bretts Wharf and get a ferry to Southbank, which was very enjoyable.
Read 120 Brisbane Reviews
Published 04/22/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Radiance of the Seas Review
Radiance of the Seas Cruises to Australia & New Zealand
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?