Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by forestmaiden: Radiance delivered in spades

forestmaiden
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Radiance of the Seas Australia & New Zealand Cruises

Radiance delivered in spades

Sail Date: April 2013
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

I just came back from a ten day cruise on The Radiance of The Seas to Queensland, traveling with my husband and my son. It was my twelfth cruise and my son's first.
It was a fantastic cruise, smooth seas for the most part, and fairly good weather.
The food was amazing and much enjoyed by all. My son could not get enough of the delicious bread!
The ports we visited were Brisbane, Airlie Beach,Cairns and Newcastle, and we anchored off of Willis Island where there is a weather station, so we could be in International waters to allow the ship to sell us duty free goods!
The entertainment was excellent, we had a hypnotist on board who was very good and gave us all a good laugh!
The three production shows were great. Bobby,our cruise director was terrific and all his staff were great fun, especially Deborah from Holland. Kim, the Jamaican girl was such a good singer she could have a career as a singer. She had the Quill and Compass bar going off with the Karioke. The More last time we were on the ship it had been very dull in that bar.
We have tried many cruise lines and Royal Carribbean is our favourite!
We would definitely cruise on The Radiance again, and also The Rhapsody of The Seas, which we have also been on twice.
Our only slight criticism is we would have liked more activities,such as shuffleboard tournaments on the sea days rather than port days when we were off the ship. Less

Read more Radiance of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Radiance of the Seas Review >>

We did not get off in Brisbane as we have been there many times before and our ship was too big to dock closer to town so it was a long ride in. The last time we were on a cruise ship we were able to walk to bretts Wharf and get a ferry to Southbank, which was very enjoyable.