“BIG lovely ship”

YVR2dreams
Member Since 2011
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Stayed one night pre-cruise in Ft. Lauderdale at the Best Western Oceanside Inn. It was probably as good as you'll find in F.L. For a 3 star hotel. I found the ship a bit too large. My cabin was at the front and almost everywhere I had to get to was at the aft. All the walking helped counteract the extra desserts I'm sure. It seemed the best way to get anywhere was from deck 7 which went right across the ship. Many of the decks you could only get so far then had to go up or down to get across. I finally stopped getting lost on the last day. I loved the Movies under the Stars and the self serve laundry room. The food was good and I managed to get a pool lounger a couple of times even though the hoggers were out in force. Most of the staff were friendly and helpful, though there were a couple of bar servers and one waiter in Michelangelo's that were a bit surly. Makes a big difference when you have a happy, lively server. I did not get to any of the shows in the theatres as I pretty much headed to MUTS every night after my late dining time.
Ruby Princess Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

BBC206
This balcony cabin was near the front of the ship on deck 10 Caribe. It had an extra large balcony which was handy. The twin beds seemed very narrow and were not comfortable at all even with the addition of the egg crate mattress cover. Being at the front of this huge ship made for a lot of walking everyday.
Published 04/22/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Ruby Princess Review
Ruby Princess Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?