Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by The BarCarres: Wonderful Vacation with Lesson Learned

The BarCarres
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Navigator of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Wonderful Vacation with Lesson Learned

Sail Date: March 2013
Embarkation: New Orleans

We flew into New Orleans the night before the cruise left. Stayed at an Airport Hotel and then had a taxi pick us up and take us straight to the cruiseport. Getting onto the ship was a breeze (platinum class helps) and then we took our first time cruiser on a quick tour of the Navigator of the Seas. This was our third trip on a Voyager class ship so began to feel like we knew our way around. The ship was pretty much full and to our dismay we realized we were on a Spring Break Cruise (forgot to check the dates for all 50 states). For the most part it wasn't a big deal but we did find that many parents allowed their children to run wild throughout the cruise. More on this later.

First port was Cozumel and we had a catamaran snorkel and beach adventure planned. Loved the snorkeling could have done without the beach but then I really dislike sand unless I can get it off me immediately. Wild lunch at Senor Frog's won't repeat that experience either. No wonder some people More weren't feeling well the next day -- definitely symptoms of the Cozumel Flu.

Next day was Georgetown - Grand Cayman Island. LOVED LOVED the double snorkeling adventure on the catamaran could repeat that over and over again. Nothing bad to say at all about Georgetown except our stay was too short.

Falmouth Jamaica was the last port. Our original excursion was cancelled so we picked a similar tour, it was ok. We were just dropped off in the middle of Montego Bay and forced to walk past all the shops then hang out in Margaritaville for two hours (better than Senor Frog's at least).

Back to two days at sea. I have never experienced such a crowded deck in our previous cruises. To my knowledge I didn't see anyone enforcing the 30 minutes rule on the deck chairs. With the ship so full and so many children (18 and under) on the cruise we did try to find some quiet spots. Several times we made the library our meeting place with our friend and rarely was it treated like a library with some of the families. Children thundered through constantly treating the library like a playground. Then the families that decided it was a great place to play noisy games made it very annoying. I will say on our previous cruises nothing annoyed us like the lack of respect by these young people for the library and even the business centre. I admire the entire crew on these ships but their lack of enforcing some of the rules can be aggravating sometimes.

Overall we enjoyed the cruise, loved our wait staff on our My Time dining. Our cabin steward was good but I am guessing their workload as increased because we rarely see our cabin stewards -- I used to love getting to know them. We dined one evening at Portofino and it was fabulous. Our other usual treat is a meal at Johnny Rockets -- my husband looks forward to that meal more than any other on any ship.

We just know now to avoid the Caribbean between middle of February to April, maybe next time try another cruiseline to avoid the kids. Less

Read more Navigator of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Navigator of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Navigator of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom Deck 6

If we went to Jamaica again we most likely would just hang out at the cruise port market. Our Tour to Montego Bay was ok but was a long hot day.
Read 491 Falmouth Reviews