Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by BubMunkeyBles: Great cruise, sold me back on Carnival

Carnival Ecstasy 5
BubMunkeyBles
Member Since 2010
787 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Great cruise, sold me back on Carnival

Sail Date: April 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)

I was on the April 13-18 cruise on the Ecstasy.

Embarkation: Embarkation was a little late, didn't get on until around noon and that was with FTTF because they were still disembarking the previous cruise until around 11. I did enjoy the FTTF benefits, especially with embarkation, disembarkation and the priority tender for Half Moon Cay.

Ship service: We had great service. Our room steward was attentive and new our name same with the MDR staff. Lunch in the MDR was also good service. I did feel the food quality has gone down slightly since our cruise last year but not enough for it to really impact our cruise. We did have a short power failure but it was very minor and no real impact on our cruise either. Entertainment and activities went on as planned.

Freeport: We just went to Port Lucaya. It was okay. I wouldn't do it again. We were in port on a Sunday which kind of made it pointless. We had lunch at Senor Frogs near the pier which was probably where we More should have spent our whole day. It was fun and relaxing-ish.

Half Moon Cay: Loved it. We got Cabana #4 and that's the one I would try to get again. We loved being near the bar, lunch area, bathrooms. Was worth the money. If we had a larger group I'd also splurge on one of the new massive cabanas but not worth it for 2 people. I truly fell in love with HMC and I'm not much of a beach person.

Nassau: We just walked around for a couple hours and did some shopping. Our hours were weird since the itinerary got moved around so we were there from 7am-2pm which is kind of odd hours.

We loved the Motor City show and Matt is an awesome cruise director. I'm happy to see he's supposed to be our cruise director probably on our Glory cruise next year. Loved the Ecstasy enough to book her on a 4 day in June to Nassau and HMC again. :) Less

Published 04/22/13

Onboarding Experience
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X