Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by FireEater

Public Rooms 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Another GREAT Cruise
Let me start off by staying this is my 7th cruise.

I have been to Key West and Grand Cayman numerous times. This trip was for Jamaica.

Had Starboard side cabin. Shore side on all ports. Can view pier and shore when anchored. I was lucky and picked the right side to ensure I would see the land when we docked/moored.

Room Service was GOOD.

Room Steward was GOOD. Asked for ice bucket refreshed twice a day and he followed my wishes.

Food was GOOD. Had one night where steak was over cooked in the Posh Dining Room. But hey, its a cruise, life could be worse.

Waiter service was GOOD. Had a few miss cues but overall, a very good group.

I was not happy with location of table. I had asked to seat with a group as it was only my wife and I. We ended up at a table for 2 right next to the dump off area for used dishes before they carry them back to the kitchen. Not the best thing to see or hear while eating.

The Steakhouse was OUTSTANDING!!! we felt like a King and Queen with all the service we received. Food was OUTSTANDING. Received as ordered. The steak portion is not small either (9 oz or 18 oz). Dessert was top notch as well. I was on the cuff for booking another night, but ended up not doing it. I would say that the extra $70 per couple, plus tip, was well worth it!

Ports of call were GOOD. Wife moves around on a scooter and she had no issues getting on or off the ship. This includes the anchored port of Grand Cayman. We had an issue with being able to do one of the excursions and got our money back (issued as an onboard credit). The tender operators are very attentive to wheel chair and scooter requirements. For the Jamaica excursion, we did the Sky Adventure (ski lift ride up to view the grounds and swim in the infinity pool). It also is the transportation for the zip line tours and the bob sled ride. We got to see both while riding up and down the lift. We left the scooter at the port and the operators had a wheel chair waiting for us when we got there, which is only 5 minutes from the port. Very nice group of Jamaicans at the port and at the excursion site.

We did not attend much of the entertainment onboard but did go to the Beatles tribute on the last night. Was loud, but pretty good. I will not ruin it for you, but if you only attend 1 show, I would say do NOT miss this one.

Overall, I would say that the Freedom delivered as advertised. The cruise is what you make of it. I totally enjoyed it and would not hesitate recommending this ship to anyone.

Publication Date: 04/22/13