Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by rrawles: Disney Fantasy - Nice but Noisy
Overall Member Rating
Disney Fantasy - Nice but Noisy
Destination: Western Caribbean
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)
So, cruising on DCL with no kids, what were we thinking right? Well, we've been on DCL before and even cruised a year ago this time of year on RC and never experienced what we did on this cruise.
First the good -
- customer service by staff is top notch
- beautiful ship and extremely clean and well kept
- food was good and some meals such as Palo were great
- room with verandah was so nice to be able to enjoy the fresh air a bit (until the neighbor kids woke up and destroyed the peace and quiet)
- Palo Brunch was definitely worth every cent as was a dinner there, ask for Christian, he was our server both times and was awesome
- our hostess (room attendant) Josephina did a great job
Now the not so good -
- noisy staterooms from kids running in halls to neighbors kids running in room or just screaming in general
- noisy restaurants where kids were running all around with the poor servers dodging them constantly (what patience they must More have, I hope they tipped well)
- not enough "adult" activites exclusive without children
This all being said we would take another Disney cruise again but not unless we are taking our grandchildren. They truly cater to the family and do a great job there but as for adults and quiet time, well you can't do it all I suppose.
Really I believe the fault lies with the parents we shared the week with. They were just completely checked out and while I know they are on vacation too, they could have tried to control their children so they were not running about constantly during dinner service so that the poor servers weren't constantly tripping over them. My advice is if you choose to check out from parenting for the week then leave the kids for dinner in the kids program and enjoy a peaceful dinner, or better yet even, leave them at home. Less
Read more Disney Fantasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Fantasy Review >>
Cabin review: 5C7652
Great cabin location, convenient to restaurants just a few decks down.
Port and Shore Excursions
Poorly Planned and Managed
Ship to just relax on.
Slow Down to Enjoy a Great Sma...
Great cruise even without the ...
Great time but poor customer s...
A Remarkable Experience