Silver Spirit Cruise Review by andre50

Member Name: andre50
Cruise Date: April 2013
Destination: Transatlantic
Cabin Category: VI
See More About: Silver Spirit Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Silversea Cruise Deals

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Silver Spirit Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Silver Spirit Deck Plans
Silver Spirit review
We had nearly filled out the Silversea questionnaire and the ratings, but decided to write a letter to the hoteldirector instead.

We also nearly decided to book a cruise in the middle of the cruise period, but at the end we decided against it.

Why you could ask and I will try to give an answer that is more than putting dots in a questionnaire.

Of course we also listened to other friends of ours or people that we met on this cruise.

The opinion of my wife and myself is that we will not sail on this ship anymore, even with a fantastic Captain and a very very excellent cook!

The best point of Silversea remains the totality of the crew, my compliments, but if it is the Cloud or Spirit, we still remained very impressed with nearly all crew members...a 9 -- 10.

BUT....the crisis has seemed to also effect Silversea.

When arriving in the suite, no Champagne in a bucket, which looks so welcoming and gives a special feeling of luxury, also not on the balcony suites, we heard. The only reason I took a low Suite is because my wife gets seasick fast, this voyage no problem at all. I am glad I did it this trip.

The mini bar was sparsely filled, when we asked for a bottle of Prosecco from Valdobiadene, we got that and the bottle of Chardonnay that we asked for.

The restaurant was much better than on the Cloud and therefore we visited it more thant La Terrazza which we preferred on the Cloud.

The shuttle bus in Ponta Delgada every 30 minutes, crazy,the distance was very very short easy with only minimal extra cost is every 10 or 15 minutes, it was a 6 minute drive. People were waiting in the pouring rain! The guy was sitting on his rear end waiting 15 -- 20 minutes in front of the ship or at the collecting point, Don't forget the average age!!

Of one couple we know, and they were irritated, as they had a birthday which they had filled in in the pre voyage information. Silversea forgot it completely but they got an email from Seabourn!

The entertainment was average and below standard for a 5 star ship. I found the entertainers on the Cloud much better. The boring man telling about humour was ....just boring.

So we decided to not book on the ship, and the 5 % we missed too bad.

If we go back to Silversea it will be on the smaller ships, or the medium sized ones that we have no experience on.

So concluding, did we have a nice voyage, yes very nice , but the extra star in the "Complete guide to Cruising and Cruise ships", I do not find correct, for me it should still be a 4 +, like the Cloud. I wanted a 5 star and I will try that somewhere else. Does that mean I will never be back, absolutely not we will travel with the company sometime somewhere.

Publication Date: 04/22/13