Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by mgilfillan

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by mgilfillan
Celebrity Millennium
Celebrity Millennium
Member Name: mgilfillan
Cruise Date: March 2013
Embarkation: Singapore
Destination: Asia
Cabin Category: 2B
See More About: Celebrity Millennium Cruise Reviews | Asia Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Under Par Ship-Under Par Company
I have been on many celebrity cruises and consider myself to be a loyal Celebrity customer. I was happy to read that they completed a renovation on this ship. It was because of that and the ports we were to visit that I decided to book this trip. From the moment we stepped foot on board until the day we left we could smell sewage in the hallways. It was terrible. We had a balcony stateroom on the 9th deck. The bedspread was dirty, the shower was dirty and smelled of mold. Although some renovations were done to the public spaces, the ship definitely shows it age.

A large group of us decided to try Qsine and at $45.00 each I expected the food to be very good and to our dismay it was terrible. The presentation was nice and fun. I guess that is what we paid exra for but the food was not good.

The tendering process was very unorganized and chaotic. They were late in getting everyone to shore for all tours.

Finally, we had issues with our propeller and as a result had to skip a port all together. We floated out in the middle of the South China Sea for hours while they looked at the problems. Celebrity has not done a good job at handlng this after the fact. They are choosing to ignore the issue and cite that they have the right to change the itinerary at any time. I understand that things happen beyond anyones control but Celebrity is aware of past engine issues with these ships and therefore they are responsible for what happened. The missed port was the main reason for booking this trip and Celebrity simply does not care that our vacation was ruined.

As a result I simply do not care to ever step foot on another Celebirty cruise ship.

Publication Date: 04/22/13