Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by mgilfillan: Under Par Ship-Under Par Company

mgilfillan
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Celebrity Millennium Asia Cruises

Under Par Ship-Under Par Company

Sail Date: March 2013
Destination: Asia
Embarkation: Singapore

I have been on many celebrity cruises and consider myself to be a loyal Celebrity customer. I was happy to read that they completed a renovation on this ship. It was because of that and the ports we were to visit that I decided to book this trip. From the moment we stepped foot on board until the day we left we could smell sewage in the hallways. It was terrible. We had a balcony stateroom on the 9th deck. The bedspread was dirty, the shower was dirty and smelled of mold. Although some renovations were done to the public spaces, the ship definitely shows it age.

A large group of us decided to try Qsine and at $45.00 each I expected the food to be very good and to our dismay it was terrible. The presentation was nice and fun. I guess that is what we paid exra for but the food was not good.

The tendering process was very unorganized and chaotic. They were late in getting everyone to shore for all tours.

Finally, we had issues with our propeller and as a result More had to skip a port all together. We floated out in the middle of the South China Sea for hours while they looked at the problems. Celebrity has not done a good job at handlng this after the fact. They are choosing to ignore the issue and cite that they have the right to change the itinerary at any time. I understand that things happen beyond anyones control but Celebrity is aware of past engine issues with these ships and therefore they are responsible for what happened. The missed port was the main reason for booking this trip and Celebrity simply does not care that our vacation was ruined.

As a result I simply do not care to ever step foot on another Celebirty cruise ship. Less

Read more Celebrity Millennium cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Millennium Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Millennium Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Veranda Penthouse Deck (6) 9023

The balcony has an obstructed view from the top. There is a large overhang that comes out and it is difficult to get any photos from your balcony with that overhang in the way. This was not mentioned anywhere in the brochures. The shower was dirty and smelled of mold. It had areas where there were holes made to the enclosure and then covered back up. The shower had low pressure.