“Great cruise!”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas

scubadiverh2o Explorer of the Seas 5 Great cruise!
scubadiverh2o
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

My wife and I decided to squeeze in one more cruise before baby #2 is born later this summer. We left baby #1 at home with our family. It was really nice to have a week just the two of us. We had an absolutely fabulous time. This was our 20th cruise or so and had to be one of the best yet. Our last cruise was in Dec 2012 on Costa Mediterranea which was horrible (see numerous negative reviews). This cruise could not have been better. The food was not just acceptable, not just good but actually great! There was not one bad meal. The variety was simply amazing. I love Indian food and everyday in the buffet I had several dishes to choose from. The waiters were so nice, the maitre d' staff actually did something unlike many other cruises where you just see them standing at their desk. Our cabin steward Nicolas D'Souza was great. Very polite and friendly. We loved the ship. The skating show was amazing, the shows on the main stage were all great, no 2nd rate entertainers here. Now a word about Leigh, the cruise director: amazing!!!!!! I need say no more. RCCL is very lucky to have him. My wife and I hate smoking and the ship was pretty good. The only place it's an issue is in the casino. They do have 1 smoke free night. This was our 3rd cruise to Bermuda. Would do it again! My overall rating is 9.5/10. One should have absolutely no reservations about this cruise. Oh, one more thing. Don't park at the pier. There is a far less expensive option: Premier parking. It's a few blocks from the pier with a shuttle service for much less $$

Explorer of the Seas Cruises to Bermuda
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

Great port. No need to rush to catch the ship everyday. Plenty to do and easy access to the whole island by bus, ferry, etc

Published 04/22/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Explorer of the Seas Review
Explorer of the Seas Cruises to Bermuda
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?