Golden Princess Cruise Review by Chico Escuela: Golden Princess to Hawaii

Golden Princess to Hawaii

Sail Date: March 2013
Destination: Hawaii
Embarkation: Los Angeles

I have been on a number of cruises and what I've learned is that you can't please all 2500 people on board. The people who complain that everything is geared for those older cruisers are correct and obviously that is done with good reason. Princess, and I'm sure other cruise lines, do the same thing... wouldn't you if you owner a cruise company. I'm 46 and obviously I would like to have things geared for people more my age but that's not realistic.

We had absolutely the BEST waiter on the ship. His name is Arthur Javier and he is in the Bernini Dining Room. Gabriella, his assistant waiter, was great as well. Our room steward was Michael on the Dolphin Deck and he was great also.

The food wasn't the best but definitely above average. We didn't go to the two speciality restaurants because we didn't think paying $25 a person would be worth it.

The spa and health club area was really good.

I really didn't like the fact that smoking in the casino was More allowed. To me that is unacceptable.

The kids club was really good. My 10 year old loved it.

The one thing I thought was bad was the constant selling of various things. The staff tries to sell everything on board. Every time you turn on the tv you have the staff hawking art, jewelry, clothing, etc. It's pretty pathetic.

And the reason this cruise goes to Ensenada for 4 hours is so Princess can call this an "international
cruise" and pay their employees a lot less than if it went from L.A. to Hawaii. Then Princess would have to pay standard American minimum wage and to me that's really cheesy. Less

Published 04/21/13

Member Since 2010
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X