Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by Nelson: Carnival Ecstasy - Western Caribbean

Compare Prices on Carnival Ecstasy Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Ecstasy - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: October 2006
Embarkation: Galveston

We live in Texas so drove to the pier.

Embarkation was speedy and smooth with helpful, friendly check in staff. We were in line to check in at 12:10pm and on the ship by 1:15pm, our cabin was already ready so we dropped off our carry on bag and headed to ...yes...THE LIDO DECK!

Food in the Panorama was always fresh and good and appealing to the eye, the free 24-hour ice cream is a plus, the 24-hour pizza was always good, but often had to stand in line 5-15 minutes during busy times. Sushi was great, but only had it once due to it being extremely slow, as the ONE sushi chef makes it as you order it, and lines were long and slow!

Food in the dining room as beautiful and fresh and I couldn't have asked for a nicer menu of foods, the waiters sang and or danced each night. We never ordered room service on this trip.

Our oceanview cabin was superb. The bedding is just like everyone says, great! The room was neat as a pin, clean as could be showing no More signs of wear and in tip-top shape.

We briefly met our cabin steward, but have no idea what his name is and seldom saw him only saw his great work and that's how I like it, I'm not one of those who likes to get to know the cabin steward, become friends, take my picture with him, etc. I just like him to do his job and be in "stealth" mode, but that's just me.

We found the crew to be friendly, professional and nice.

Our first port of call was Progresso and besides what many may say about it we like it there because the Corona beach is SO handy, clean, beautiful and the further down the beach you walk, the less busy it is. The entire beach front street is restaurants and shops and absolutely lovely. The locals are VERY appreciative of the tourist dollar and it shows in their manners and kindness to cruise ship passengers. The free shuttle takes you from the ship to the little town, you can walk 2 blocks back to Corona Beach and then the shuttle takes you right back to the ship. There is shopping and a few tours to do on your own including horse drawn carriages and taxi rides into Meridia.

Cozumel was great because there were only 2 ships in port...a first for me! I usually see 5-6 ships there at once and what a mess it is. Being one of 2 ships there, it was not too busy and taxi's were easily available. We made up on own tour as usual and went to a private, secluded beach for an afternoon of snorkeling, eating, massage, napping, swimming in a fantastic beach. We picked up shells the size of our fists up to the size of our heads, yes, the size of our heads and they were EVERYWHERE! Cozumel is still in recovery from the hurricane and have worked very hard to get things up and going. Although they are not 100% where they were pre-storm, they are coming back and they too are SO appreciative and thankful for the tourists and it shows in their attentiveness, kindness and helpfulness.

The Ecstasy is a lovely, clean, well tended ship and worth the price of a cruise on her. I recommend her highly. Less

Read more Carnival Ecstasy cruise reviews >>