Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by Jasmine S.

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by Jasmine S.
Member Name: Jasmine S.
Cruise Date: April 2013
Embarkation: Charleston
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Number: E145

Carnival Fantasy
I have been back from our cruise for approximately two days and I am now ready to tell you how it was.

Finding Port was very easy. If you like, there is an early baggage drop off, which my husband and I accidently ran across. We were able to drop off our bags at 9:30am. Ok this process here was interesting. After we gave this guy our bags, which I don't think he was part of Carnival cruise staff but part of the port staff, I was about to give him a tip when he decided to just ask for a tip. I am the kind of person that will give you a tip but don't ask. I gave him five dollars only because I did not have change.

Getting the car parked, bus ride to boat, screening process, add spending money to card and receiving room key took all of 45 minutes. NOT BAD!!!!!!! Our room was nice and clean. There is no hairdryer in the room so take your own. Plugs are very limited in the room. You will not be able to charge a cell phone and camera at the same time. Food was ok. I am a picky eater so I did not venture out when it came to the food. I stuck to what I know. Desserts looked good but did not taste the way it looked, a little disappointed. Dining room was clean and nice. I have one drawback, if you are a coffee drinker the coffee SUCKS on the boat. I had to add creamer and milk to make it drinkable.

Service was great can't complain about that. The only thing that bothered me just a little was I had a lot of waiters coming to me asking if I wanted another drink. I WAS NOT FINISHED WITH THE ONE I HAD.

Fantasy is not a big boat but she is nice. The Fantasy had one pool and three Hot Tubs and a water slide for the kids. Two of the hot tubs were by the pool and one was at the serenity part of the boat. The Hot tubs are not easy to get in; there was always someone in it including kids. I wanted to stay away from kids since mine was at home with the sitter, Lol, so I did not get in the hot tub and I stayed away from the water slide. Serenity is a good place to catch some sleep since it is for adults only, very peaceful and quiet.

Carnival Excursion prices are very expensive. My husband and I got up with other people that was on our boat and who had been to the Bahamas before and we hired a tour guide person named Lennix Moss Taxi #200 in Nassau, Bahamas. He is well known on the island and I had a great time with him. He was very professional and educated us about the island. The tour was 2 ½ hrs long and he got us back to the boat well before it was time to leave. I was very tired when I got back to our room. Lennix Moss was well worth the 25 dollars per person. Actually it was 20 and we all tipped him 5 extra dollars.

Freeport was ok too. That is a good place to shop and go to the beach. I realized that 5 days on the boat is a little too much for my husband and I. The next cruise we take with Carnival will be a three day.

Now fast forward to when we was getting off boat. That process was pretty easy as well. I personally think they should not be as relaxed as they were when it comes to customs. As My husband and I was walking to the bus to get back to our car when I saw the same bag handlers from the beginning of our trip just throwing peoples suitcases on the ground. One person's bag was busted open due to the bag being thrown to the ground. They treated the luggage like it was garbage. Carnival needs to know about this and so does everyone who takes a cruise. They went to take my bag and I told them NO! My bag is coming with me on the bus. Other than the Bag handlers and some of the food on the boat I have no complaints at all. LOVED IT AND WILL DO IT AGAIN!!!!!!

Publication Date: 04/20/13