Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by mamichelle

Member Name: mamichelle
Cruise Date: April 2013
Cabin Category: D7

Great experience on Oasis
My husband and I went on our first cruise for our anniversary and chose Oasis. While we have nothing to compare to, we thoroughly enjoyed the cruise. We thought the room was plenty big and didn't have issues with outlets or storage. The bed was so comfortable! I also thought the shower was great. I think they should get rid of the mystery shampoo dispensers. My husband knocked it off the wall a few times.

We had some delicious food in the MDR but I wish there were more choices on a few nights. They had a fantastic breakfast buffet every day too. The corned beef hash, waffles, scrambled eggs, etc. we're delicious! My biggest complaint was trying to get someone to take your drink order every night. Wine was brought by the waiter but mixed drinks were handled by another waiter.

For lunch, I would highly recommend going to Park Cafe in Central Park. You can have them make a fresh salad your way, have a yummy roast beef sandwich, etc. and it's much better than Windjammer Marketplace. This is decent but very typical buffet food. The Asian dishes and chicken chili were really good though.

The shows were great, especially Hairspray! The acrobats in both Oasis of Dreams andCome Fly With Me were so talented! We also enjoyed Earl Turner (?) at the Headliner show. We didn't have the chance to see the comedy show.

We truly enjoyed the two hot tubs hanging over the sides of the ship. The pools were ok but crowded. We always found a seat but not in the premier spots. The pool was really crowded on the two days at sea.

I'm glad we chose Oasis for our first cruise. We aren't ready to book another cruise yet but we're thinking of trying a Western Caribbean cruise on either Allure or possibly Celebrity Reflection.

Publication Date: 04/19/13