Island Princess Cruise Review by 8kidsdad: Island Princess through the Panama Canal

8kidsdad
Member Since 2010
1 Post

Compare Prices on Island Princess Panama Canal & Central America Cruises

Island Princess through the Panama Canal

Sail Date: March 2013
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Embarkation: Los Angeles

Loved the staff. They served "cheesy scrambled eggs" the first breakfast and I loved them. The second breakfast it was some other combination of eggs. I expressed my disappointment at not being able to have the "cheesy scrambled eggs" to the omlet cook. One of the other staff heard me and went back and brought the sous chef out. He offered to make the "cheesy scrambled eggs" for me. And he did. That incident typifies the way the staff bent over backwards to make our cruise special and enjoyable. When I mentioned that the bacon was really good, but too well done, the man behind the counter asked me how he could help. I told him the bacon was too crispy and he went right back and brought out some less crispy bacon. When we mentioned that all of the prizes for the daily wake-up question were gambling prizes, they immediately changed the prizes. The trivial pursuit game was great, and they gave out some nice prizes. The dance instruction was lead by two different staff members More and was great. My wife and I had a wonderful time.

The Panama Canal was something I wanted to see all my adult life. I had a wonderful time. We took some awesome photos and the ships photographer was exceptionally kind and took our photos.

The guide was great at telling us the history as we were passing various landmarks or animals on the shore or in the water. It was everything I thought it would be.

The only bad part was the spa. They used very high pressure sales tactics for their oils and lotions and were not that well trained in the art of massage therapy. They promised a $99 special and then tried to double the price. If I hadn't written down the terms and price they would have charged us double. As it was I had to go back to our cabin and get the quote they gave me and prove it to them. Less

Read more Island Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Island Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Island Princess E732

Great view and great location. Of course it was a small shower, but the room layout was great and enhanced the view from our window. Much less ship movement here than at other places in the ship.