Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by Snickers6: Jewel of the Sea

Jewel of the Sea

Sail Date: March 2013
Embarkation: Tampa

Jewel of the Seas.

I would not consider myself a "cruise Person." So take this review with a grain of salt if you wish.

1.Embarkation and disembarkation- Relatively smooth and problem free for my family of 5, i would say that was a general rule for most cruisers, as long as you have all of your paperwork in order.. No issues.

2. Food- I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of food, With the amount that has to be created each day. this really was a true benefit of this cruise and i would suspect many other cruises to be on Par with the Jewel of the seas.. The food was a above average and my palette was satisfied for each meal.

3. Bar Service: This is where they need some help. the bartenders were not friendly and generally very slow.. Seems like I spent half of my time on the cruise waiting for a drink. It must have something to do with the fact we were on the pre-paid program and they presumed that they were not going to tip, so the bartenders More seem to be become slow robots.

4.Restaurant Service they did a very nice job, our kids looked forward to going to the sit down dinner, due to the quality of food and the relationships they created with wait staff. Made the sit down dinner quite enjoyable.

5.Decor and cleanness. The level that I was on, really had a horrible smell. It had the order of old ball room.. Too much partying and people.. They need to update the carpet and find ways to keep this place clean.. Less

Published 04/19/13

Read more Jewel of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Jewel of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: D2

went to paid beach.. great
Read 3455 Cozumel Reviews