Ruby Princess 3

“Ruby Princess April 2013”
Cruise review of Ruby Princess

hiredpen
Member Since 2012
11 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

I sailed on the Ruby Princess on April 7, 2013. Although this ship is a little old, I found the facilities to be adequate. I was with a large group of 300 single people over 50. The food and service in the regular dining room was not very good, being rather bland so we decided to try a specialty restaurant. The second night we went to the Crown Grill and was so impressed by the service, delicious food (filet mignon, lobster, tantalizing desserts), and ambiance of the restaurant...totally worth the $25.

We had most of our parties in Club Fusion located at the back of the ship. Because your group was so large it was difficult to get drinks. The ship needed to provide more servers to our large group. Naturally by the last party all was solved.

If you're a smoker the Ruby Princess is not smoker-friendly. There were only a few places to smoke. Deck 16, Tradewinds bar is where all the smokers met each morning for coffee and bloody mary's. Deck 18 had a disco which had an More area available to smoke, and deck 7 on the side had an area designated area where we found to be the most private area to smoke. You could also smoke in the Casino and the Cigar bar. The service in the Cigar bar was the best on the ship, in fact, this is the only place I tipped on the ship. The staff was friendly and remembered me and what I drink each evening.

The staff that I met in the Cigar bar was very friendly, easily sharing stories of past passengers and helping us have a great time.

If you're looking to party and dance all night long this probably isn't the ship for you, as the average age is somewhere in their 60's. I highly recommend the adult pool, located at the front of the ship which has a bar, and a hot and cold tub located on the top deck. Less

Ruby Princess Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: April 2013
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

IIL237
Absolutely not enough room for two people to stay in the room on Deck 15. The room was adequate but rather noisy. In the mornings, other cabins would wake you up slamming doors, talking in the hallway, etc. You could actually hear conversations in the next room. The room stewart was friendly but not good enough for me to tip extra at the end of the cruise. My friend stayed in a balcony room on Deck 11 and didn't have all the noise problems - very quiet.

Published 04/19/13

Read Cruise Critic's Ruby Princess Review

Ruby Princess Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?