Disney Dream Cruise Review by broadbandcowboy: Enjoyable family cruise
Overall Member Rating
Enjoyable family cruise
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)
My family, with 2 and 4 year old girls, met my parents for a quick 3 night trip. Everyone enjoyed the cruise and we would suggest the trip for other families. Quick highlights:
1. We decided to park a car so that we did not have to rely on the airport transfer. Parking was close to the terminal and $60. It was a snap getting in and out of the lot. This allowed us a few extra hours of sleep on the last day. I suggest signing up for the kids program on the ship. The line at check-in was long.
2. Disembarkation was busy at 9am. It took about 20 minutes and appeared much less busy at 8:30am.
3. We spent most of the day in Nassau on the ship. It seemed like many others had the same idea.
4. The acquaduck was great. We went during the pirate show when the line was non-existent. They had a staff change during the show and when the ride opened after a 10 minute delay we walked on three times in a row.
5. Castaway Cay was awesome. Our older daughter More went back to the ship for the princess show and was able to spend significant time with each princess. It was a about an hour round trip but a highlight for her.
6. We flew home from Daytona Beach. It's about an hour north of the terminal and a very easy airport to navigate. Car rental return is about 20 feet from the airport door and the security line was 1 person long.
7. The ship is very big. It felt crowded at times, but never over crowded. You'll need a 5 day cruise to explore everything onboard.
8. We were surprised by the food. It was good, not great, but exceeded our original expectations. Consider having dinner at the Animator's Palace towards the end of the cruise or your kids might expect TV's at every meal. The only downside was that the formal dinning rooms don't have amazing views. Less
Read more Disney Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Dream Review >>
Cabin review: 8C
Awesome Casual Cruise
Never again, indeed!
I can see why this is a Groupo...
Cruise should be called the G...
The Dream was a Dream come tru...
Disney Dream Cruise: Excellen...
A Wonderful First Disney Cruis...
Entertaining, fun, clean, effi...