Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by ordnael: Loved the Celebrity Equinox!

ordnael
Member Since 2011

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Celebrity Equinox Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Loved the Celebrity Equinox!

Sail Date: April 2013

Cruised on the Equinox for the first time and really enjoyed it.
I had cruised before on the NCL Epic last year, from Miami to Barcelona, and although that cruise was great, travelling on Celebrity was even better!
The food on Celebrity was wonderful. Looked good and tasted good too, even the Oceanview buffet had a great variety of fresh food.
Silk Harvest, the oriental themed restaurant was so good we ate there twice. The orange chicken and green tea ginger parfait will be missed!
For something lighter, we dined at the Bistro on Five twice, the Tuscan Sun, Indian Summer and French crepes were delicious.
We also dined at the Murano on the last night of the cruise. The food was a treat. I had the Wellington style scallop and sea bass, my dining companions enjoyed the risotto and rack of lamb. Elan was our waiter, who made our dinner more special with his attentive service and fun stories.
Entertainment was fine, but the Epic offered more variety.
I also More missed the water slides the Epic offered, and felt that the Spice H2O adults only section at the back of that ship worked better than the Equinox's glass enclosed solarium.
The Hot Glass show was interesting, I also enjoyed relaxing on the real lawn outside and, although the ship was full, the only time we felt crowded was during the muster drill.
Service was exemplary, pleasant and prompt, no matter where we went or who we spoke to.
I am already planning my next cruise and will definitely keep Celebrity high on my list! Less

Read more Celebrity Equinox cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Equinox Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Equinox Concierge Class Panorama Deck (9) 2111

It's a Concierge class cabin on deck 12 with some extra perks such as canapes in the evening if requested, welcome champagne, priority embarkation/disembarkation among others. The cabin was pleasant, with an extra deep balcony as the cabin was on the side of the 'hump' angled out facing towards the back of the ship. If anyone wants a bright, sunny balcony, this is not for you. The overhang from the deck above projects outwards considerably which is good if it's raining, but does not allow for tanning. I had no problems with it though. I also heard some rumbling of carts being moved on the deck above - a minor inconvenience that did not happen frequently enough to bother me. There was enough closet space for two people's clothing. I liked the pull down rack built into the closet to place trousers... a space saver and kept the clothes organized. The bathroom was a bit tight, but no more so than other bathrooms on other ships. The bottles of lemongrass shampoo, conditioner and body wash was nice.