Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by ordnael

Celebrity Equinox
Member Name: ordnael
Cruise Date: April 2013
Cabin Category: C2
See More About: Celebrity Equinox Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Loved the Celebrity Equinox!
Cruised on the Equinox for the first time and really enjoyed it.

I had cruised before on the NCL Epic last year, from Miami to Barcelona, and although that cruise was great, travelling on Celebrity was even better!

The food on Celebrity was wonderful. Looked good and tasted good too, even the Oceanview buffet had a great variety of fresh food.

Silk Harvest, the oriental themed restaurant was so good we ate there twice. The orange chicken and green tea ginger parfait will be missed!

For something lighter, we dined at the Bistro on Five twice, the Tuscan Sun, Indian Summer and French crepes were delicious.

We also dined at the Murano on the last night of the cruise. The food was a treat. I had the Wellington style scallop and sea bass, my dining companions enjoyed the risotto and rack of lamb. Elan was our waiter, who made our dinner more special with his attentive service and fun stories.

Entertainment was fine, but the Epic offered more variety.

I also missed the water slides the Epic offered, and felt that the Spice H2O adults only section at the back of that ship worked better than the Equinox's glass enclosed solarium.

The Hot Glass show was interesting, I also enjoyed relaxing on the real lawn outside and, although the ship was full, the only time we felt crowded was during the muster drill.

Service was exemplary, pleasant and prompt, no matter where we went or who we spoke to.

I am already planning my next cruise and will definitely keep Celebrity high on my list!

Publication Date: 04/18/13