Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by jbaez77: Royal Caribbean - Explorer of the Seas

jbaez77

Royal Caribbean - Explorer of the Seas

Sail Date: April 2013
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Other

Have to say this is our second cruise that we have taken. Fell in love from the first cruise, easy traveling and you automatically feel your vacation start from the minute you get on the ship. Also, if you travel with children as we did for this vacation, it is well worth the trip. You know how kids can eat and want so much when you travel and 24hr food and drinks cut our vacation cost in half.

However unlike our first experience, we felt on this cruise one the ship was not maintained and the food was horrible. My husband had stomach pains on many occasions on our trip. I even had the worst experience I have ever had which was to throw up grease!!! I did not find the food to be even good. My kids didn't like the breakfast. They just ate bagels. And dinner they lived on pizza. Dinning room evening food was horrible also. No one felt they had a wonderful meal.

Now with Carnival from the moment we entered the ship you had music playing, drinks ready, and amazing food More being prepared. Entering Royal you just were sent to the buffet. And that was all, we walked around to see other stuff on the ship but there was no feeling of "welcome to the most wonderful time of your life" atmosphere.

You would go and walk around the ship and you really didn't have anyone come up to you and interact, actually I didn't see anyone from Royal at all. Sitting by the pool side music was low, you would have to walk up to the bar if you wanted drinks. NO employees would come and give you the customer service you deserved.

I felt as if we were the "not so cool kids in school" you kinda had to fend for yourself. The day activities if they had any well worth going to were very dull. And the showstimes could have been extremely better thought out. You did have moments that you would have nothing to do.

I would think twice the next time if and when I book another cruise with Royal Caribbean. For now my favorite will be Carnival. Less

Read more Adventure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Adventure of the Seas Review >>

Amazing!!! Amazing!!! Is what I have to say about our 3 days in Bermuda. Loved the opportunities you where offered as a tourist. There are not many destinations where you can travel as if you are at home. You were comfortable with taking the bus, ferry or even renting a moped. But, let me worn you that the roads are narrow and the bus drivers drive crazy and fast. All of the roads are very snake. Honestly, I got "bus sick" on my first ride, I guess that is why they have shirts with the saying "I survived the bus ride in Bermuda". The island itself has been the most cleanest place I have been too. Beautiful landscaping, people, and beaches. Every person that we met in Bermuda was very friendly and helpful. Even your local homeless person was friendly and polite, you felt no fear what so ever. I would recommend Bermuda to every single person in the world.