Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by Boys3girls0

Cruise Date: April 2013
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Cabin Category: 8F
See More About: Carnival Miracle Cruise Reviews | Mexican Riviera Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
        3-6 2.0
        10-12 1.0
        13-15 1.0
Shore Excursions 5+

Disappointing cruise with excellent excursions
We decided on Carnival because it would be a first time cruise for our 3 boys ages 6-13. The ship boasted a water slide, nightclub and sushi bar among many other amenities. The sushi bar does not exist according to the staff however it is listed on the ships maps on every floor. The water slide was bad seriously outdated and the kids had to push their way down as they would get stuck mid way.

The food.....a cruise experience should have amazing food. Carnival was basic cafeteria food and the availability of the food was unbelievably limited. Dinner in the dining room was much better than the buffet and the staff were pleasant and for the most part attentive. We did have some wonderful servers at night thanks Gairy and Lucas! Bar service, oh where to begin.....nonexistent! if you want a drink you will need to go to a bar because there are only 2 bar servers for each floor of the dinning room. Most nights we would not receive our glass of wine until our 3rd course so if you like a glass of white wine with your salad and then a glass of red with your steak better get your wine before going in to the dinning room. Really frustrating to have to leave the dining room to order a glass of wine in an elegant dress and then have to pay a 15%gratuity charge which you cannot decline by the way. FYI.... I am a bartender so I am we'll aware of how the service industry operates as well as any issues that may cause problems to servers and bartenders. I did voice my concerns to the beverage manager Shawn who was patronizing and rude and basically did not care. The only reason I bothered to voice my concerns was because we had purchased carnivals Cheers program which includes alcoholic drinks and felt I was not receiving what I had paid for. Apparently the cheers program is new and continues to change and they revamp the program throughout the cruise. Bottom line do not purchase this program! Carnivals Camp for kids, other than a few events most of the time the kids are confined to the front of the ship.....inside playing video games. My children were bored as well as disappointed in the evening because after 8:30 all the entertainment is for 18+. It would have been nice if Carnival would have opened the nightclub 8-11 for families.

Way to many smoking areas on this ship. We just couldn't get away from it not even on our own balcony. Step up Carnival eliminate the smoking on the guest balconies and limit it to one bar and one area on a deck!

Publication Date: 04/16/13