Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by Boys3girls0: Disappointing cruise with excellent excursions

Boys3girls0
Member Since 2013
1 Post

Family & Children 1.3

Compare Prices on Carnival Miracle Mexican Riviera Cruises

Disappointing cruise with excellent excursions

Sail Date: April 2013
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

We decided on Carnival because it would be a first time cruise for our 3 boys ages 6-13. The ship boasted a water slide, nightclub and sushi bar among many other amenities. The sushi bar does not exist according to the staff however it is listed on the ships maps on every floor. The water slide was bad seriously outdated and the kids had to push their way down as they would get stuck mid way.
The food.....a cruise experience should have amazing food. Carnival was basic cafeteria food and the availability of the food was unbelievably limited. Dinner in the dining room was much better than the buffet and the staff were pleasant and for the most part attentive. We did have some wonderful servers at night thanks Gairy and Lucas! Bar service, oh where to begin.....nonexistent! if you want a drink you will need to go to a bar because there are only 2 bar servers for each floor of the dinning room. Most nights we would not receive our glass of wine until our 3rd course so if you like a More glass of white wine with your salad and then a glass of red with your steak better get your wine before going in to the dinning room. Really frustrating to have to leave the dining room to order a glass of wine in an elegant dress and then have to pay a 15%gratuity charge which you cannot decline by the way. FYI.... I am a bartender so I am we'll aware of how the service industry operates as well as any issues that may cause problems to servers and bartenders. I did voice my concerns to the beverage manager Shawn who was patronizing and rude and basically did not care. The only reason I bothered to voice my concerns was because we had purchased carnivals Cheers program which includes alcoholic drinks and felt I was not receiving what I had paid for. Apparently the cheers program is new and continues to change and they revamp the program throughout the cruise. Bottom line do not purchase this program! Carnivals Camp for kids, other than a few events most of the time the kids are confined to the front of the ship.....inside playing video games. My children were bored as well as disappointed in the evening because after 8:30 all the entertainment is for 18+. It would have been nice if Carnival would have opened the nightclub 8-11 for families.
Way to many smoking areas on this ship. We just couldn't get away from it not even on our own balcony. Step up Carnival eliminate the smoking on the guest balconies and limit it to one bar and one area on a deck! Less

Read more Carnival Miracle cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Miracle Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Miracle Balcony Panorama

Smoking is a major issue with balcony cabins! Guest can smoke outside huge disappointment! Bed is very very uncomfortable. Room otherwise was fine and roomy for a cruise ship.

Loved it! Beautiful beaches. Cabo adventures lovers beach and snorkeling experience was great! They took special care with all my boys to help them spot fish as well as educated them after the fact. Local hospitality was great! Exclusive resort getaway was great as well! Service and food was excellent! Resort was beautiful beach was beautiful wish we didn't have to go back to the boat our next trip will be here!