Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by khjabs: Great Time on the Freedom of the Seas

khjabs
Member Since 2013

Family & Children 5.5

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Great Time on the Freedom of the Seas

Sail Date: April 2013
Embarkation: Other

We were very excited to take a cruise with our family. We have done Disney in the past which we loved and Carnival which we did not love. Thought we would try Royal Caribbean.

Embarkment was a little slow but we did arrive at 12:30 when everyone else did. no problems getting on board. Our rooms were ready when we did so we dropped our stuff and headed to lunch. Had a great buffet at the windjammer had no problem finding a seat for all 11 of us.

We then went to explore the ship. Beautiful is all I can say. It was fun to go see what there was on this massive ship. They have navigators everywhere you go so you can easily find you way around. Also, you can see what is going on at any time of the day at a push of a button. The promenade on deck 5 was beautiful. lots of shops and cafe and pizza place are here as well. I liked that you could walk from one end of the ship to the other on this deck. Nice size casino on deck 4 but very smokey in there. There is also a game room More with lots of games and room to play cards on deck 12.

We were on this trip with two 17 year old girls, two 18 year old girls and a 13 year old girl. They all seemed to have a blast. the 18 year olds were not allowed in the kids club but they did have several things for them to do. they have a night club called the crypt which they enjoyed, also were allowed to gamble. The 17 year old did go to the kids club just to meet friends and they pretty much did their own thing after that. They do very much enforce the curfew for under 17 to 1:00 am which they didn't appreciate but I did. My 18 year old was carded several times because she looks young but they did not have a curfew. My 13 year old went to the kids club. She is very shy so it takes a while for her to make friends. Serena was in charge and she was fantastic. She made sure my daughter had a friend and she had a great time.

We ate in the dining room every night and really enjoyed it. Giovanni was our waiter and was excellent. Knew what we wanted after the first night and called all of us by name. The food was good. Some things were really great and some just ok. Kind of expected when you cook for that many people. It was much better than the food we had on carnival. Giovanni went out of his way to give us whatever we wanted. the service on this ship was amazing!!!

The entertainment on board was great. We loved the shows and the ice show was great. Quest was hilarious as was the love and marriage game show. The cruise director Drew Devine was fantastic and very entertaining. There was always something to do aboard this ship. the kids ice skated, rock climbed and my daughter even tried surfing a few times. They loved it. Lots of trivia games going on and we won the 80s music trivia contest. Very fun!!There is so much more I could say about this great vacation. Everyone had a great time and it was so nice to getaway!!!!! Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Freedom of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Freedom of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 3

We had an inside stateroom. small but has lots of storage and plenty of room. The showers are very small but I don't expect a luxury bathroom. We had everything we needed and the housekeeping staff was excellent.

Coco Cay was the first stop on our cruise. It is a lovely beach with plenty to do. There was a huge sand bar when we were there and you could walk out in the water forever. It was April however and the water was cold but the kids didn't seem to mind. Lots of shade which I was glad for. I didn't have the buffet on the beach provided by the ship because the line was so long. Other had it and said it was just ok. Beautiful day overall.
Read 235 CocoCay Reviews

St. Maarten was fantastic. I had heard about a tour through other cruisers called Bernards tours and looked it up online. The cost was 40.00 per person for a 6 hour tour. It was worth every penny. We started off at an Iguana farm which was really cool. Then it was to the side of the road where a man pulled sea creatures out of the ocean for you to hold. Very cool. We were then taken to Orient beach for a 2 hour beach break. The beach was so beautiful it didn't look real. For 10.00 we rented two chairs and an umbrella which came with two free drinks. Lots of people trying to sell you things on the beach but everyone was respectful and in no way pushy. This beach is also a topless beach as well. on the other end of the beach is a nude beach. We did not go there.After the beach we toured the island some more and then went to Moho beach to see the big airliners come in. A very cool sight to see. Just be careful when they take off however it is very powerful.The beach is really small due to the tides and lots of traffic going by. Not the beach to relax at but a must see. After that we did some shopping and stopped at Seraphinas pastry shop for a snack. Yum! it was a great day!

St Thomas was beautiful. We decided not to do an excursion and to shop and look around. We were approached by a open air cab driver who said he would take us on a two hour tour around the island for 25.00 per person. There were 8 of us so I offered 20.00 and he accepted and we were off. Our tour guides name was Elred and he was fantastic. Took us to several stops around the island and to the highest you could go on the mountain. Incrediable views of Magens Bay! Just beautiful.
Read 2333 St. Thomas Reviews