Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by marymacattack: Disappointed

Compare Prices on Caribbean Princess Southern Caribbean Cruises

Disappointed

Sail Date: March 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean

My husband and I sailed on the Caribbean Princess March 16-23 to Aruba, Curacao and Princess Cays. The crew for the most part is disinterested, basically going through the motions. The real problem we had on the ship was the people smoking in the cabin/balcony next to us the entire time--not tobacco, which is bad enough, but marijuana--I guess that as long as it is not tobacco, they are alright with it! We mentioned it to the cabin steward at first, hoping to nip the issue in the bud-literally. I mean, you could smell it down the hallway before we even left port!
Every time we went out on the balcony we got a contact high since they were smoking so much--even after we mentioned it to the crew. I realized one day that the cabin steward was covering up for them-probably a nice tip-because I saw him spraying the room right after the couple had left once again after firing up-not realizing I was on the balcony at the time. After that I did not trust the steward at all. He must have More realized that because on day 2 or 3 a supervisor came to speak with us. She said the cabin steward told her he never smelled anything. The problem was that expected us to call every time we smelled smoke, which I said was not necessary since it was obvious to anyone walking by that room. There was never any follow-up by the supervisor. Finally every time we went out on the balcony we slammed things so they would scurry back into the cabin to so we could enjoy 'fresh air' rather than choking on weed fumes. Princess is great in Alaska, but never again for us in the Caribbean! Less

Read more Caribbean Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Caribbean Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Caribbean Princess Mini-Suite with Balcony Dolphin

Went to Eagle beach and had a nice day--Aruba is always nice
Read 681 Aruba Reviews

Got to port @ 1pm--too late to do an excursion and then shop--most places closed at 6pm.
Read 501 Curacao Reviews