Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by wsbond: Such a great time

Compare Prices on Mariner of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Such a great time

Sail Date: April 2013
Embarkation: Galveston

Embarkation- Computers broke down during the middle of embarkation, it would have been nice for them to keep us updated other than that the line moved very quickly.

Cabin- Perfect. I like sleeping in cold, dark, and quiet which makes an interior stateroom perfect for me. Our room steward was excellent although not very personable. I loved the towel animals and he even made me a few when it wasn't our assigned nights.

Things to do on the ship- TONS TO DO. Loved all the variety, loved the classes, loved the dancing, loved trivia. Wish they did more country music trivia BINGO and gambling were to expensive for my taste so I only did those activities once

Food- So good. It is definitely worth a trip to the MDR for breakfast, otherwise the WJ is perfect for the first meal. Lunch and dinner are a must in the MDR. Had a great back, corner table with excellent company. Wish our waiter was a little more personable, I kind of got jealous seeing other tables having fun More with their waiters. Both of our waiters were great at teaching me about napkin folding and thought it was very funny that I am obsessed with napkin folding

Staff- was amazing. Steve the cruise director was entertaining and always charming, made me want to be at everything. Everybody was delightful, charming and very pleasant to deal with. Ecurions, se below Less

Read more Mariner of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Mariner of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Mariner of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 6

After the worlds longest tender.Went on the historical walking tour. The guide book said it would be a quick 2 hourish tour. 3 1/2- 4 hours later, it got a little old. Great tour, amazing guide, very informative. A great way to see the city, however the worlds longest tender on the way back was not a great way to end the day.

(5.5)
Went on the Extreme Zip Line Tour through RCI. Don't think there was much difference between the regular trip and the Extreme Zip Line Tour. The guides were EXCELLENT. I felt safe the entire time, the views were wonderful and the whole day was a joy. Be prepared for a little hiking with a few uphill climbs. If you are on the later tour make sure you bring water as I heard they ran out. Bring something to affix your camera to your body.
Read 1650 Roatan Reviews