Silver Cloud Cruise Review by MargeeM: Oh, The Joy of Silver Cloud!

MargeeM
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Silver Cloud Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Oh, The Joy of Silver Cloud!

Sail Date: March 2013
Embarkation: San Juan

I loved this ship from the moment I stepped on and was greeted with a warm staff and a glass of cool champagne. My suite was perfect: spacious (a walk-in closet!), well appointed and let's not over-look the veranda; perfect!

I loved that when there was a tour in port, a Silver Cloud staff would go with us. I just felt very cared for, all of the time. It was a seamless trip. I booked through a Silversea agent (thank you, Esther!); from the moment I booked, all I had to do was pack and show up at the airport.........I was met at the airport and taken directly to the ship, perfect! Boarding, no problem. Debarking, no problem! There were no lines anywhere...........well, perhaps the night of the "Gala Barbeque Under the Stars".........it's quite obvious the staff on Silver Cloud have their Master Degrees in personal service!

I loved having a butler! Patrice was a gentleman to the core. I know he serviced other suites, but he certainly was there when I rang for More anything. I did dine in my suite one evening and requested the entree be brought 30 minutes after the appetizer. Done!

I took this cruise as a solo traveler. Never did I feel alone, everyone was very friendly. It did help to meet people by taking a shore excursion (I took two snorkel trips).

The entertainers on board were great. The shows were a perfect length. THE most fun was the night they did "At the Hop" on the pool deck. Oh, my. Everyone was up and dancing to the oldies!

If I were to critique anything, it would be that the food wasn't 100% spot-on. I consider myself a discerning traveler and recognize that it isn't easy to please a ship load of diverse people. Less

Read more Silver Cloud cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Silver Cloud Review >>

Cabin review: Silver Cloud Midship Veranda Suite Deck Five 715

My suite was as spacious as one could possible want with every amenity one could want. My teak-floored veranda with teak deck chairs was perfect. The trip would not have been the same without it.

Bequia is a charming little port town, fun to stroll. There's not a lot to do but interesting to see.
Read 10 Bequia Reviews

Silver Cloud stopped at Illes Les Saintes, not Guadeloupe. Again, a lovely town to stroll and shop; perhaps have lunch or a drink at the quaint waterside cafe. Ooh la la, very French. Tres Magnifique!

This was given a rating of '1' because of the most amazing snorkel trip! There was a boat ride out to Buck Island where we were treated to an underwater marine trail. The crew on the boat divided our group of 23 into 3 so that we had a guide. It was great fun to snorkel along, looking down at the trail marked with tiles telling of various sea life (even an occasional tiled arrow so we wouldn't stray), Our guide would dive down and sweep the sand off the tiles as it collected rapidly). There was one final tile 'End of Trail'! Loved it. The water was crystal clear. I also scuba so have been to the Caribbean many times; I was so impressed with this marine sanctuary. The coral reefs are being protected and it shows. There was even a turtle, surprise! No one had to feed it for it to float by us :~) Lovely, memorable experience.