Silver Cloud Cruise Review by MargeeM

Member Name: MargeeM
Cruise Date: March 2013
Embarkation: San Juan
Cabin Category: DV
See More About: Silver Cloud Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Silversea Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Silver Cloud Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Silver Cloud Deck Plans
Oh, The Joy of Silver Cloud!
I loved this ship from the moment I stepped on and was greeted with a warm staff and a glass of cool champagne. My suite was perfect: spacious (a walk-in closet!), well appointed and let's not over-look the veranda; perfect!

I loved that when there was a tour in port, a Silver Cloud staff would go with us. I just felt very cared for, all of the time. It was a seamless trip. I booked through a Silversea agent (thank you, Esther!); from the moment I booked, all I had to do was pack and show up at the airport.........I was met at the airport and taken directly to the ship, perfect! Boarding, no problem. Debarking, no problem! There were no lines anywhere...........well, perhaps the night of the "Gala Barbeque Under the Stars".........it's quite obvious the staff on Silver Cloud have their Master Degrees in personal service!

I loved having a butler! Patrice was a gentleman to the core. I know he serviced other suites, but he certainly was there when I rang for anything. I did dine in my suite one evening and requested the entree be brought 30 minutes after the appetizer. Done!

I took this cruise as a solo traveler. Never did I feel alone, everyone was very friendly. It did help to meet people by taking a shore excursion (I took two snorkel trips).

The entertainers on board were great. The shows were a perfect length. THE most fun was the night they did "At the Hop" on the pool deck. Oh, my. Everyone was up and dancing to the oldies!

If I were to critique anything, it would be that the food wasn't 100% spot-on. I consider myself a discerning traveler and recognize that it isn't easy to please a ship load of diverse people.

Publication Date: 04/15/13