Norwegian Star Cruise Review by happy_psychotic: Norwegian Star April 7, 2013

Compare Prices on Norwegian Star Western Caribbean Cruises

Norwegian Star April 7, 2013

Sail Date: April 2013
Embarkation: New Orleans

The Good - Had a Penthouse that was great. Bagus the Butler great. Everything you want in a cruise, we had.

The Bad - My wife is 95% bedridden with R.A. - She left the room to eat and some days that was impossible. We did get off the ship twice but not an easy task and somewhat dangerous for her. Both knees replaced and the R.A. is the worst case I've ever seen. She was very content to order movies from the DVD library and if you ever rented a movie you know that you have to kick up the volume a little to hear most of the movie with an occasional loud part. My balcony neighbor refused to close his balcony door and kept calling security on us. He even had the gall to stick his head on my balcony and with his English accent said we were ignorant, he would slam his balcony door which should have been closed anyway.
Had i not been on a much needed vacation and security new the guy was nuts because security kept coming to my room, watching my wife sleeping at times i kept it More low key. My preference would have been to throw the guy overboard but all the paperwork the coast guard makes you fill out and the ship is flagged in the Bahamas and no telling what their prisons are like I bit my tongue and kept my composure.

The Ugly - Some Days my wife would have to stay in the room because the freak kept his bedroom light on, sliding door and curtains open, and the glass overhanging the balcony made a mirror and she could not help but see them in their intimacy. Two Dudes, Ack! I spent a good chunk of change on this vacation and i'm poor folk. I've never had a butler or Pete, or even caviar. Almost the vacation of a lifetime. Lucky i missed that show. Less

Read more Norwegian Star cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Star Review >>

Surely there is security but not noticeable. People are friendly and look much happier than their Mexican neighbors.

Pushing my wife in a wheelchair i could only visit the local shops. Security is tight and i imagine needed. Still gives me the willies to see all the big guns and dogs. The hanging floating intertubes with butts and legs were cute at Senor Frogs and i wish i'ld brought my camera at this stop.

Beautiful place but so many police and big guns, kinda gives you a feeling that you're safe but visiting a prison for the elite.
Read 3085 Cozumel Reviews

(5.5)
Took a cab ride there. It even came with a separate tour guide. It's a beautiful place but i'm afraid it's a political football. I believe they are loosing the cruising business after this year. According to the guide everything worth seeing was donated by the mayor. Sounds like Louisiana politics. But do some walking if you can. No stop signs and people respected me pushing a wheelchair and i was never run over. Ha! I'ld say by far the best stop we made however on a previous cruise we taxied Belize and it's a place i would live to retire. Just don't want to live next to that McAfee nut. Ha again!
Read 1642 Roatan Reviews