Arcadia Cruise Review by 1277blondie: Arcadia South America

Arcadia South America

Sail Date: January 2013
Destination: Other
Embarkation: Southampton

We've just returned from a really wonderful cruise on Arcadia. Yes it was very disappointing that we could not Tender off the Falklands, but the sea was far to rough to attempt a safe transfer and I for one woudn't have trusted the sea not to have got worse and those who thought otherwise, must have been crazy. I do think as others have said that P&O are losing sight of the people that keep them in business ie The Passengers!! they should have had time to at least put another Port of call on the Itinerary when Acapulco was withdrawn, as they new well before departure about the trouble. Adonia never went into Argentina either in 2012 and the trouble between UK and Argentina has escalated since, so there was no chance we were going there, so this was purely a Marketing ploy, as clearly many people would have cancelled. The other point the maintenance on the ship, although I know is an ongoing necessity, this time it was like living in a steel works, with constant chipping away at the More metal work ( that was very annoying) especially on the promenade deck.

The nasty stuff done with, we thought the rest was brilliant Food Entertainment especially the staff were great. I think people expect 5 star but only want to pay 4 star prices, perhaps they should sail with another cruise line, instead of making satisfied customers miserable, with their constant moaning.

Neil Oliver Cruise Director who only joined in Sydney was amazing and so much energy, he made the sailaways really special and unmissable. The people on our table were so lovely, as we opted to have a singles table, we weren't sure what to expect. On the whole everyone was extremely pleasant, except for the few.
This is the 3rd World cruise I have done with P&O and yes I would do another Less

Read more Arcadia cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Arcadia Review >>

Cabin review: Arcadia

E084 was fine, enough waldrobe space, but the hanging length for long dresses is not adequate, as the dresses hang on the floor and crease. The window is the size of a patio door so although it's completely obstructed it lets in lots of light.