Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by wm2800: NCL Epic 4/6/13 Eastern Caribbean Cruise

wm2800
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Eastern Caribbean Cruises

NCL Epic 4/6/13 Eastern Caribbean Cruise

Sail Date: April 2013

Ok Lets start with what I liked. I thought the ship was clean and nice. The staff were all very helpfull and plesent. I liked the shows, (that part was a better experence than on other ships). I liked that they had hand sanatizers located every were, This is a simple and briliant idea! I traveled in the "SOLO" cabin and it was very nice up to date. It is small at 100SQ FT total, but if you don't have a problem with tight space it is clean and nice! It is a very nice Idea that NCL has come up with to help us SOLO cruisers, Every day you can meet up at the Solo lounge and go to dinner togther. I did that every night. It was helpfull. I am sorry to say at cruise end I did not find a nice woman to have a relationship with but thats not any ones fault.

Now for what I don't like and why I will NEVER book NCL again
The food is just not very good! It is NOT bad, But I have cruised for manny years and had MUCH better tasting food. I personaly like Princess food the best so far. I More found the freestyle is NOT my style. I like to eat late, and if you do that you will have to hold a beeper to get a table AND miss the 7pm show. If you have a early seating and a late seating then BOTH get to have there show time, No missing out! I am OLD school about this Restaurant Idea on the ship. I don't go for it! I feel I paid for my food and entertainment when I paid my ticket! If I go pay for another dinner on top of that I feel they wrote SUCKER across my head! LOL. In the dinning rooms included in my ticket price the menu is about 97% the same from night to night. I would guess this is a move on NCL part to push you into there paid restaurants? I endured and never paid for the same dinner twice! ( SUCKER) I don't like having to reserve a show time! CRAZY! Have a theater big enough in the first place! Never in all my years of crusing has this been a problem! I LOVE to dress up, and once again the freestyle is just to for that, This is not a complate as I knew this booking the cruise. I put on my TUX anyway but will not book freestyle again. Bill M wkm4200@yahoo.com Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic 12542

I had the SOLO cabin 12542 it is very clean modern SMALL but worked fine for me. NO COMPLANTS on my cabin