Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by SaskieGirl13: Enjoyable First Cruise

1 Post

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Western Caribbean Cruises

Enjoyable First Cruise

Sail Date: December 2012

I cruised on Carnival Liberty in Dec 2012 on a 7 day- 4 port Western Caribbean Cruise and it was awesome and exhausting! No one told me I would need a week off to recuperate from my vacation!

Miami - Cozumel - Belize City - Roatan - Grand Cayman - Miami

Wow, shore excursions and all the stuff you don't want to miss onboard? It's alot.

The ship pros: balcony cabin was great, food was great and plentiful and available everywhere, service was amazing, staff were fantastic, I loved that there were kid free areas!!

The ship cons: bingo was a big rip off, tendering was hugely disorganized and we almost missed our tour in Grand Cayman, tours are a big rip off - I will do this differently if I cruise again, the ports are strange - it's as if Carnival doesn't want you to actually see the country - just the gated ports and the tours, the charity - St. Judes, sorry but not all the passengers are US, I think Carnival should give back to the countries they make $$ More off of IMO (we tried to donate locally in the ports), the DJ's sucked in the nightclub.

All that being said - the cons list is nit-picky and the pros list is the building blocks, with the exception of the tendering issue. I would definitely cruise again and recommend this boat.

Our cabin specifically was 6469 and over the 5th Promenade so could be loud at night if there was a show below us (usually comedy or karaoke), but that was a negligible for us as we ate at the late seating at did not go to bed til midnight or so. If you had kids or were early to bed, this may be a consideration. Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Balcony Upper 6469

Our cabin was 6469 and over the 5th Promenade so could be loud at night if there was a show below us (usually comedy or karaoke), but that was a negligible for us as we ate at the late seating at did not go to bed til midnight or so. If you had kids or were early to bed, this may be a consideration. Deck has one chair and one lounger. It is possible to open the deck (doors) to either side if you are cruising with the cabins next door. Cabin is two singles/one king plus pull out couch. 2 tall closets plus one with shelves. Cabin was very clean and we had no issues at all.

We did not book an excursion in Belize City as we decided to explore on our own. We left the gated port and shopped every last stall of the vendors and visited with the locals, then wandered the immediate area. It looks like there is a lot of improvement being done in and around the port. We found the locals very friendly and we bought quite a bit of handmade items plus sugarcane, papaya and plantain chips from street vendors. If I went to Belize (City) again I would take a bus tour to the museums and/or attractions. I would also like to see the outer cays as there are no city beaches, specifically Ambergris Cay.

(5.5)
this was our absolute favourite port. We took an island tour that included the Carambola Garden Tour and a beach break at West Bay Beach (Mayan Princess). Our tour guide for the day was Romeo, he was very good and humourous. Check out Trip Advisor for reviews of West Bay Beach and the Carambola Gardens - it's not just me that thinks they are fantastic. I would go to Roatan today if it were possible. It was nice that this was a docked port as well. Tip - the small coffee shop in the port sells Honduran coffee beans for $5.99/lb.
Read 1642 Roatan Reviews