Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by SaskieGirl13

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by SaskieGirl13
Carnival Liberty
Carnival Liberty
Member Name: SaskieGirl13
Cruise Date: December 2012
Cabin Category: 8A
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+

Enjoyable First Cruise
I cruised on Carnival Liberty in Dec 2012 on a 7 day- 4 port Western Caribbean Cruise and it was awesome and exhausting! No one told me I would need a week off to recuperate from my vacation!

Miami - Cozumel - Belize City - Roatan - Grand Cayman - Miami

Wow, shore excursions and all the stuff you don't want to miss onboard? It's alot.

The ship pros: balcony cabin was great, food was great and plentiful and available everywhere, service was amazing, staff were fantastic, I loved that there were kid free areas!!

The ship cons: bingo was a big rip off, tendering was hugely disorganized and we almost missed our tour in Grand Cayman, tours are a big rip off - I will do this differently if I cruise again, the ports are strange - it's as if Carnival doesn't want you to actually see the country - just the gated ports and the tours, the charity - St. Judes, sorry but not all the passengers are US, I think Carnival should give back to the countries they make $$ off of IMO (we tried to donate locally in the ports), the DJ's sucked in the nightclub.

All that being said - the cons list is nit-picky and the pros list is the building blocks, with the exception of the tendering issue. I would definitely cruise again and recommend this boat.

Our cabin specifically was 6469 and over the 5th Promenade so could be loud at night if there was a show below us (usually comedy or karaoke), but that was a negligible for us as we ate at the late seating at did not go to bed til midnight or so. If you had kids or were early to bed, this may be a consideration.

Publication Date: 04/15/13