Carnival Dream Cruise Review by loco1969

Entertainment Not Rated
        7-9 5+
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Wishing we were still on the Dream
We just got off the Dream yesterday. This was our 3rd cruise with Carnival and it was wonderful. Embarkation was a breeze, we were at the port by 10:30 and on the ship by noon without FTTF. I'll try to keep my review short but there is a lot to cover so it will probably be long :-). First and foremost I learned long ago that life is what you make it and thankfully most of the other cruisers felt that way. Maybe it's something that the crew and cast say every cruise but I heard numerous times throughout the week how much more fun this group of cruisers was compared to the previous week.

We had a mid-ship balcony cabin on the 9th floor which is a pretty good location all-in-all. The food was decent in the buffet, unlike another reviewer stated everything I got was a good temperature. The Mongolian had a great taste but was overdone for my personal taste-this was by far the longest line for any food on the ship. The pizza was REALLY good we loved the crust and the cesiness. The lunchtime BBQ on the lanai was my personal favorite lunchtime spot though since I was always around the Ocean Plaza at that time on sea days for trivia. The burger sliders and tacos were awesome. We usually did the "Punch Liner Brunch" or omelet bar for breakfast. I think the staff in the Scarlet Dining Room is much better than the Crimson. We ate in the steakhouse our last night, the steak I had was better than any i've had at any highly-acclaimed steakhouse, the rest of the meal was fantastic as well and the service was wonderful.

Every employee that we encountered was friendly and extremely hard working, theykptthe ship looking great. A good many of them knew our 7-year old by the end of the week and would stop to talk to her, high-five her or give her something. Willie, the cruise director an his assistant Gumby were fantastic!!! The were highly involved and easily approachable, they both made our cruise extremely fun and memorable.

We thought that all four comedians were funny and we enjoyed them all. Our favorite show overall was " Dancing in the Streets". It was extremely well arranged. Another cruiser that we befriended said that he's been to many Vegas shows and that DITS was every bit as good as any of the shows he had seen.

We did the relaxed debarkation because we wanted to get a few more hours of sleep, from the time they called our zone number until we cleared custom was about 20-30 minutes so not too bad at all.

Publication Date: 04/15/13