Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by Maly46153: On Board Deluxe Wedding Package

Maly46153
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Fascination Bahamas Cruises

On Board Deluxe Wedding Package

Sail Date: April 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Jacksonville

This was the best idea I have ever had. The ship was well kept, the staff was friendly, we all had a blast, and I have the absolute best wedding photos.

The Ceremony was quiet and intimate, everyone cried including our Wedding coordinator, Vanya. She was one of the highlights of the package. She was attentive, understanding, helpful, and my wedding would not have been the same without her.

I read previous blogs about he photographs not turning out well, which I'm sure depends on the photographer that you get, but Wayan was FANTASTIC and made me turn in ways that made me look so good in the pictures! I think I lost 10 lbs in front of his camera.

The reception had the best food on the ship. It was also never ending so when all the delicious fruit martini glasses were eaten - they would just bring more! Also the open bar was fantastic.

A couple things to look out for: I was a little disappointed that I had to choose between a Social Host and an More Entertainment Specialist. This meant I had to choose between my own playlist with my friends announcing things like the first dance or a dj picked top 40 with a professional announcing the activities. I chose my own playlist and my man of honor and matron of honor did a great job, but I don't understand why I had to choose.

Although everything turned out great it was a little nerve racking knowing that the flowers (with your input) was pretty much up to the local florist. Also, the rooms were not 100% guaranteed until a week beforehand -- however, once I got on the ship I realized any of the lounges would have been a great place for the reception.

Advice to couples looking to get hitched on the boat:

1) Keep it small (this is cheapest, most manageable, and most fun) we did about 20 people.

2) Start early. The earlier the better. We started about 1 1/2 years before to give the guests time to get vacate and such.

3) Plan, plan, plan - we brought (6) tall vases from Hobby Lobby with fake flowers (real ones not allowed on the ship unless from the local florist) as well as fake flower petals for the aisle. It turned out magnificent.

4) Have all of your guests cruise with you (perfect atmosphere for bachelor and bachelorette parties)

5) Make your spa (hair/makeup and nail) appts really early on board - as in right when you step on the ship.

6) Gift baskets can be delivered to the room (make sure all water is unopened) for a $1 fee. This added so much to the experience of our guests. We included a water spray fan, deck of playing cards, disposable camera, walkie talkies, and bottled water.

7) Oh yea, walkie talkies are a MUST to keep in contact, but avoid the crazy cell phone roaming costs.

Overall I would rate the Wedding a 9/10. On board it was actually a 10/10, but the planning process made me dock that one point (I had to be over prepared to get what I wanted).

It was fantastic! Thank you Carnival! Less

Read more Carnival Fascination cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Fascination Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Fascination u094

U094 had a fantastic view, was very quiet, and had wonderful services. It was very clean and stayed that way. The room is HUGE compared to the other rooms on the ship. The only complaint is that the balcony is VERY CONNECTED to the balconies beside it (meaning you can hear everything). It is only a gate (full sized, but cracks around it). Overall I would rate U094 5/5.

Pretty boring. Tried to do a snorkeling excursion, but it was canceled due to high winds (which happens a lot apparently). They were very nice and gave us a refund and we ended up going to the free beach. It was very busy and not very clean -- the whole city is industrial and pretty shaken by hurricanes dating back to 2002. Clean it up already! The shopping was nice -- a lot of jewelry, cubans are available, cute place for souvenirs.
Read 779 Freeport Reviews

JAX Beaches were cleaner, quieter, and more beautiful than the Bahamas. Free parking, cheap taxis, and good food!