Carnival Elation Cruise Review by noproblemallis: Nine and Counting

Compare Prices on Carnival Elation Western Caribbean Cruises

Nine and Counting

Sail Date: April 2013
Embarkation: New Orleans

Sailed from New Orleans on April 1 on the Elation and was not sure what to expect after all the media attention regarding Carnival's mishaps. This was my 9th Carnival cruise and turned out to be one of the very best. I've always enjoyed sailing with Carnival and the Elation was another good experience. From parking at the terminal to disembarkation, it was smooth sailing. The Carnival staff members were wonderful! I told my wife that following the cruise I felt uplifted simply due to my interaction with the Carnival staff. (Also, probably the most courteous group of passengers I've experienced.)

One of the highlights of the cruise was the comedian Mutzie who preformed several times. This guy was hilarious and the most personable fellow, on or off stage.

Since our last day at sea was cold and windy, it would have been nice had the ship's library (board games, etc.) staffing had been expanded. Some families were disappointed that the library cabinets were locked. More

Oh, it would be wonderful if the customs/immigration process was not so slow. But, everyone was very courteous and helpful.

Looking forward to #10. Less