Carnival Victory Cruise Review by Cdngrl6: Might try them again

Entertainment Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Victory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Might try them again

Sail Date: April 2013

This was only my second cruise and my first on Carnival. My first cruise was on the Celebrity Equinox and I have to say that all things considered, whle I enjoyed this cruise, I think I'm more of a Celebrity Cruiser.

The Victory was clean and the staff was friendly but the layout of the boat is terrible. We did love the size of the grand suite and it was perfect for three of us. The food was ok and more often than not came out lukewarm and very rarely hot. The service was slow but was always delivered with a smile.

We did not take in any of the entertainment as that's just not our thing. We enjoyed the pool and there were more than enough deck chairs. The buffet lines on the lido deck were ridiculously long especially considering that there wasn't a whole lot of variety. We ordered room service for breakfast on the last morning. Carnival has a lot of work to do on their room service menu as the options are abysmal!

Ocho Rios was an ok stop and we spent most More of our time at Margaritaville which was great fun! Georgetown, Grand Cayman was definitely the highlight of the trip and we had a great excursion through Captain Marvin's.

The most annoying thing about Carnival is the amount of overhead announcements they do.....way too many!!!

I might cruise Carnival again if the price and itinerary were right but I'd rather pay the extra money for Celebrity. Less

Read more Carnival Victory cruise reviews >>