Carnival Magic Cruise Review by Usfoods47

Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Absolutely Magical!!! (Friends of Rita)
This was our first cruise on carnival, me and my daughter who is 4 went. If you don't like kids, this ship isn't for you. There were lots of kids, a little rowdy at times, but... Weren't too bad.

Embarkation: this was a bit slow, we stayed at the inn at the waterpark sat night and were shuttled in the morning. Let me tell ya this was a great value. The price is 71 plus tax, for the cruise rate and you leave your car there, they shuttle you back also. We got to the port around 10am and boarded around 11:45. It seemed slow, but wasn't too bad. Now I will try my best to explain everything on here, could be long.

When we boarded we immediately hit the the lido deck on 10. The food I have to say met my expectations. They have everything, plus the all you can eat pizza and ice cream. The only thing carnival could improve on is the hotness of the food on the lido deck marketplace, it was warm at best. We got to our balcony room and wow was I impressed with the cleanliness of the room. The room was roomy, hot shower, our room steward(forgot his name) did such a great job and I tipped him more than the gratuities. He remembered me and my daughters name all week. The sea days were a bit crowded on the lido deck beach pool area, but.. The tides pool wasn't packed as much. Now I want to mention one other thing before I forget. If you have kids, Camp carnival is the way to go. My daughter never wanted to leave!! They also have other programs for older kids. Camp annual is on deck 11 aft. The waterworks, miniature golf, was also VERY cool, we loved it. The water in the waterworks is freshwater not saltwater, that seems to be a big question for people who haven't been and for me before I went. Now the other pools are saltwater, the hot tubs are not though.

Now, as to movement on the ship, it was great, I didn't get sea sick, and could barely tell sometimes the ship was moving, however the first night we hit a thunderstorm and that was a bit rough but not horrible. The cruise director I thought did a great job, there was sooo much to do on the ship. The ship also has a serenity, adults only area. They have hammocks, a hot tub, a bar, and except for waterworks it was fairly quiet. Their is a red frog pub on the ship that was awesome!! They havd karaoke, their own beer on tap, and you can order food too, it's like 3 dollars though. This is on deck 5. We ate in the northern lights dining room both formal nights only. The food was awesome!!! The casino was really big if that's your type of thing. Let see, there is a candy store on deck 5, it's called cherry on top, we loved going there, it was like all the candy you get at the mall. Also on deck 5 was many other things, the fun shoppes, jewelry store, ocean plaza, an arcade room, too name a few. The atrium is also really cool to see!! Very Las Vegas type lighting. The guest services, shore excursion desk, and dining rooms are on deck 3, the lobby deck. Their is also a bar by guest services(their are bars everywhere)

SERVICE: the service we got was great, no complaints, every crew member smiled, said hi, good morning, very helpful people. Please be aware that they try to sell you drinks which are expensive (7.75) on the lido deck 24/7 but.. Just say no thank you. They understand, and are only doing their job, and I understood. I did get a couple drinks but that's it. Get the "fun ship special" it's big and I thought was worth it, lots of alcohol in it lol the room service was great also, we did have a few wait times though. Guest services was also always helpful and they are open all the time.

Jamaica: we did the Iron monie beach excursion in Jamaica!! This was a great value, a must to do here, the beach was awesome, the excursion came with a lunch buffer and all you want to drink!!! This was a great beach also, sandy, pretty blue water, I loved it! I will do this again if I go back. If you do this, don't get a locker! We heard some people got some stuff stolen. Just remember your in another country. Other than that is was a great time, they have music going and are very well organized.

Grand Cayman: Here we did the turtle farm. This was a good excursion if you have kids. You get a tour of the facility, get to feed the turtles, hold them, at the end of tour, you get to go swim in fresh water or saltwater, the freshwater pool just has a slide and all that. The saltwater has fish in it, turtles, we did this one, and loved it. All in all a good value for your money, their is a bar and restaurant their you can eat at, but is very very high priced. We were hungry and decided to look at the menu and got up and said "were not that hungry" and ate when we got back,on the ship. We though grand cayman is a pretty island!!

Cozumel: Here we did the dolphin swim and ride with lunch. This was a awesome if you have kids 5 and under, they are free, you just pay the adult price and that's it 139. You get to swim with the dolphins, ride them, and feed them. The only bad thing about this one is their is not photography or filming, but we when we first got there, but once your in the water, they do the picture taking, and film you in the water. It's expensive to buy their pictures which was a bummer, but was ok, we made memories.

Overall: Overall we had a great first time cruise, Carnival did a great job at everything! We will sail with them again and again. They've got us hooked!! Thanks Carnival for such a Great and Magical cruise, you went above and beyond!!!

Publication Date: 04/14/13