Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by GaryfmCol: S.E.Asia onboard the Millennium

GaryfmCol
Member Since 2005
2,487 Posts

Compare Prices on Celebrity Millennium Asia Cruises

S.E.Asia onboard the Millennium

Sail Date: March 2013
Destination: Asia
Embarkation: Hong Kong

I have nothing much of negative to report. There are only a few minor issues. One being the new daily gratuties. We do not like them. Everyday, they are charged to your Sea Pass account. We much prefered giving envelopes at the end of the cruise. That being said, we noticed a slippage in service, from the crew in some respects. Not all, just a few, and, I don't know if it is even attributed to the daily gratuties...we just noticed it....

Other than that, I must report we had a magnificient cruise.
We read on these boards some negative reviews, and,this caused some concern with us.

However, we saw nothing of the sort. The food was tremendous, the ship beautiful, with only minor rust areas, outside the ship. We enjoyed this ship so much, we booked 2 more cruises, one of which is on a sistership to the Millennium.

We did not visit Qsine, nor, Blu dining rooms. All other were wonderful.
The Bistro was enjoyable, and, the tasty desserts at the More coffee bar, had us visiting daily.

We had an N.F.L. official referee aboard, which gave interesting insights to the N.F.L. games he officiated. We listened to his presentations and, enjoyed them.

The ports of call were the #1 reason we booked this cruise. We were NOT disappointed. Our ports (with city) were; Hong Kong, (Kai Tak terrminal)
Hanoi,(Ha Long Bay) DaNang/Hue/Hoi An, (Chan May), Ho Chi Minh City/Saigon (Phu My), Bangkok,(Laem Chabang)and, Singapore. All ports were 2 days, except, for DaNang.

The number one favorite aboard the ship was a 10 AM - 1 PM buffet/brunch in
the main dining room one day at sea. The is BEST buffet/brunch ever!
Celebrity used to put them on at mid-night.
Now, thankfully, they are during the day.
We skipped breakfast this sea day, just to be able to photograph the affair first, then, enjoy the buffet with our friends. I would book another cruise just for this incredible brunch aboard the ships...NOT to be missed.

Summed up...you will enjoy this ship and, cruise line. I do wish Celebrity
would review the daily gratuties... We just don't think it should be worked that way...as it is, it is just an extra change... (I know we could go to the pursers desk and, work out another plan, but, that would be an effort we would NOT want to deal with.)

One more item to mention. This cruise required visas for Viet-nam. And,in our case an over-night visa from Viet-nam. I have to say Celebrity handled every detail very professional and, in an expedious manner. We brought our own photographs for the Viet-nam visa, obtained at a Walgreen before departing home. It is a "no brainer" regarding documentation for this cruise. They charged our Sea Pass $70.00 each, for over-night visas. Much less, had we obtained them on our own.

Enjoy the Millennium...
Enjoy your Celebrity cruise also.

Added note.
We flew UNITED Airlines 747-400 from Denver via SFO, to HKG.
This was a wonderful flight by UNITED.
We commend them for their service.
Also, we flew DELTA Airlines from Singapore to Tokyo, and, Minneapolis
on Boeing 777 service.
This also was excellent service. Less

Read more Celebrity Millennium cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Millennium Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Millennium 9037

Great location. Very quiet. I wish Celebrity would replace those "clingy" shower curtains as other cruiselines and, hotels have. Only "negative" about cabin.