“Just off the Carnival Dream...”
Cruise review of Carnival Dream

Little Bob Carnival Dream 3 Just off the Carnival Dream...
Little Bob
Member Since 2013
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We have sailed with Carnival many times and a repeat customer on the Dream as we sailed in April 2012 to the Western Caribbean. We loved the Dream last year but this year there was a huge decline in the quality of food and service. We stayed at the Raddison at the Port & used the Park & Ride service provided. They did a great job of organizing folks on to shuttles. We were in the cruise terminal less than an hour & then for lunch on the Lido Deck. We were in our rooms by 1:15. Our room 6315, was a balcony over the Lanai which allowed for people watching. The only bad thing is that at night when all should be quiet you could faintly hear the slot machines which would wake me as I am a light sleeper. As I shared before, in comparison to last year and other Carnival cruises the quality of food was greatly diminished. The food in the Gathering buffet was never hot just barely warm or just cold. We ate breakfast in the Crimson most days and the food quality was better but there was always a mistake with the order and once the food was delivered you didn't see a waiter again to correct the issue. The food choices in the dinning room at night were not as expansive as they have been in the past either. We did eat in the Steakhouse & it was well worth the cost. It was one of the best meals we have ever eaten and the service was impeccable! It was impressive to see the safety drills that the staff participated while in ports. They even lowered life boats and did a rescue simulation of a man overboard. The staff/crew seemed to be on auto pilot and just going thru the motions. We saw a lot of standing around, dirty tables as wait staff chatted, cleaning glass on railings but only hitting eye level areas, etc. this again had not been our previous experience. Don't get me wrong we did truly enjoy our vacation but it does seem that Carnival is cutting some corners which are impacting quality and service.
Carnival Dream Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

8A6315
You couldn't best the location and how near it was to everything on the ship. If you are a light sleeper you could hear the slot machines faintly when all else was quiet. Our balcony was just above the Lanni on deck 5 so during the day there was much activity especially in the hot tub just to the right of our balcony. We like to watch people come and go from the ship and we were able to do so in each port.

Port
My wife had her hair braided in the square just inside the gates of the cruise terminal and didn't negotiate the price ahead of time. When the lady was done she wanted $130 for what we had paid $50 in other ports. Lesson learned to negotiate first!
Read 4,121 Nassau Reviews
We shopped again and used the water taxi into town. Everyone we met was friendly & helpful. The areas we visited were very well maintained.
Read 3,325 St. Maarten Reviews
Port
We took a taxi into town to shop. It was very confusing to find where to go to get a taxi & then it was difficult to find one that had access with a step that was low enough to get into as I have difficulties with large steps. Our taxi driver allowed my wife and I to ride in the cab with him. We had a wonderful day wandering thru shops.
Read 3,413 St. Thomas Reviews
Published 04/14/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Dream Review
Carnival Dream Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?