MSC Poesia Cruise Review by CTGirl74: Good For My First Cruise

Compare Prices on MSC Poesia Bahamas Cruises

Good For My First Cruise

Sail Date: March 2013
Destination: Bahamas

I went on the Monsters of Rock cruise in March. I would say it was a good cruise for my first time, but I would definitely cruise with a different line next time.

The pros:

-Service was great. I never found anyone to be less than helpful and courteous.
-Our room was always clean when we returned.
-It never seemed crowded; however, that may simply be a result of being on an 80's rock themed cruise. Many people were gathered to watch the various concerts throughout the day.
-Check-in was a breeze. Lines weren't bad, although I booked a VIP ticket, which allowed boarding prior to regular ticket holders.
-Disembarking for the excursion was pretty easy.
-Bed was very comfortable.
-There was room to slide our suitcases under the bed. That came in handy as we had four women in our room.
-Common areas were always clean.

The cons:

-The food wasn't very good at all. Most of the buffet selections seemed very cheap and low More quality. Definitely not what I was expecting. Not much variety either. Although, I will say their hamburgers were juicy and tasty. Tough to find a spoon to stir coffee. Having to go to the bar in the buffet to get a soda was really annoying. I couldn't quite understand that one. It seemed as though the waiters' only role was to clean up the tables. Nothing else. It would be nice if they also brought beverages so people wouldn't have to line up at the bar. Selection in the restaurants was better as was the quality.
-I found the TV to be bizarre. Almost all channels were in a foreign language. And those that were in English typically had foreign language commercials. And the picture quality wasn't very good. All the channels looked kind of like a bootlegged DVD would look. Dark picture with heads cut off and low quality. SO basically the TV was useless.

Obviously the pros outweighed the cons. I enjoyed it as a first cruise; however, I would choose a different cruise line for the next cruise. The ship definitely doesn't have a lot of the bells and whistles one would find on a "fun ship". Less

Read more MSC Poesia cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Poesia Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Poesia Superior Balcony D Annunzio Deck 11085

Nice balcony, lots of storage, quiet room. Seems like a very long walk to the cabin, until you figure out there's an elevator behind a small maze of hallways.