Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by DinLBC: Celebrity Get Away

Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Celebrity Reflection Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Celebrity Get Away

Sail Date: April 2013

I was very excited about the prospect of traveling alone on a cruise. I had not done so for about ten years and I was looking forward to doing whatever I wanted or did not want to do, whenever I wanted to. I was booked in a suite and was somewhat disappointed with the first suite I was assigned as it had a floor to ceiling pole at the base of the bed, about three feet from the cabin entry door. The suite was located on the back of the ship and the balcony was large. I sat on the balcony for awhile and was able to determine that perhaps the rear of the ship was more oriented to a younger crowd as the numerous conversations I overheard were filled with cursing and centered around makeup....I sent to Guest Relations and requested a suite change due to the pole.

Fortunately, they were able to accommodate my request and moved me to suite 2193, which was fantastic. No pole, and the balcony was covered. I believe this suite may be categorized as an "obstructed view", but that may More be due to a support strut on the side of the ship, but the view was perfect. Also, the glass fence around the balcony is clear where the balcony glass in 1667 was frosted. If sitting on the balcony chairs on 1667, one would not be able to see through the glass and the view. Also, 1667 has an uncovered balcony. 2193 with its covered balcony brought protection from the wind and rain, as well as the sun. It was great. I was worried about the suite being located
Directly below the Ocean View Cafe and the accompanying noise, shuffling of chairs, etc, but I did not hear any disrupting sounds. I did like being on the 12th floor and close to the Aqua Spa.

The numerous Spa treatments I had were all excellent. The therapists were very professional and I was thoroughly relaxed after my massages, wraps and facials. One note: the Spa is located directly below the gym and free weights were being dropped on the floor! My therapist had to leave the room and try to negotiate the gym users to not drop the weights on the floor. I left a guest comment card suggesting that free weight use be prohibited during Spa hours or the free weight room relocated away from above the Spa. It is truly hard to relax with 90 pounds or more being dropped on the floor above you.

Murano remains my favorite restaurant . Veronique, Nikolai and Denis provided outstanding service and catered to my every whim. I had Chateaubriand, lamp chops, caviar, crab and avocado parfait, goat cheese souffle and more during my four visits to Murano and it is impossible to select a favorite.

Also had dinner at the Lawn Club Grill and Qsine. I enjoyed the New York steak at the Grill. It was cooked to perfection and the lobster Mac and cheese was delicious. The service felt a lot frenetic, but was friendly.

Overall, I had a great trip and look forward to my next Celebrity Cruise. Less

Read more Celebrity Reflection cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Reflection Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Reflection 2193

2193 had a great view, location on 12 aft was good. No noise and no cabins across the hallway. Same floor as the Persian Gardens and Spa Reception. Loved it.