Ruby Princess Cruise Review by Micomc10: Wonderful and memorable Cruise!

Micomc10
Member Since 2013
1 Post

Compare Prices on Ruby Princess Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Wonderful and memorable Cruise!

Sail Date: March 2013

My husband and I have cruised twice before only on previous Princess ships. We booked this cruise to take my parents (first time cruisers) and wanted them to experience cruising with Princess as our prior two Princess cruises were wonderful. This cruise did not disappoint!
We left Easter Sunday and embarkation was easier than the previous two cruises taken, which was great!
Upon boarding, we immediately went to the Sanctuary to reserve seating for the week. We boarded fairly early and were disappointed to be told the Sanctuary had already been sold out. If there was one suggestion for improvement to provide to Princess, it would be the handling of spaces in The Sanctuary.
Staterooms
We were in Baja 222. First time for us to be in the front of the ship, but it was great. Room steward was Ren and he was fantastic! Upon arrival, my husband felt the bathroom could've used some additional cleaning. He mentioned it to Ren and when we returned from lunch, the concern had More been taken care of. We loved having a balcony and can't imagine cruising without a balcony room. Outdoor furniture and mat were very clean!
Our first evening, we ate at Sabatini's as it was my fathers birthday. Being Italian, we are selective and hard to impress, but the food did not disappoint.
We had anytime dining and ate in the Michelangelo dining room. What an experience! Francesco (one of the head waiters) truly took care of us with a table just for the four of us. Natalie wAs our waitress and was a true gem! She always provided great suggestions and serving us special treats not from the menu. We enjoyed dinner every evening not only to catch up with Natalie but to see what surprises we'd be served .
Horizon Court- we hit this on occasion for breakfast or lunch. I would agree with others that it can be disorganized. There was a variety of foods that were ok. Our suggestion is to go to the International Cafe, which we found ourselves doing more for breakfast and lunch. The warm chocolate croissants in the morning were delicious! It was one of our favorite areas on the ship!!
Ports
We were disappointed to find out the day before our cruise that Grand Turks was removed from the itinerary. We dealt with it and do think a better port versus Nassau could've been substituted. No big deal. We had never been to Princess Cays before and were truly amazed by its beauty. We rented a bungalow which was great for the 4 of us!
Entertainment/Spa
We are big relaxers, so we did reserve the thermal suite for the week since we could not get into the sanctuary. Loved this little hideaway for some quiet time. My husband and I also did also reserve some spa treatments, which were wonderful and reasonably priced through some of the promotions. We did see a comedian one evening and follow Pop Princess, which we each enjoyed. The wine tastings we also participated in were great!
Overall service
We thought the staff on the ship were great! Very friendly and welcoming. We did not encounter anyone who was rude. I did feel that on this cruise more than our previous two, that there were more staff selling drinks, but it could be that this was a busy spring break period with younger cruisers.
Summary
Princess has again confirmed why we choose to cruise with them. My parents were also impressed and have expressed an interest in cruising with Princess again. The 7 day cruise felt longer, which is always a sign of a good vacation. Thank you Princess for once again allowing me to escape completely! Less

Read more Ruby Princess cruise reviews >>