Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by MNDutchGirl: Back to Back in the Caribbean

MNDutchGirl
Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on Adventure of the Seas Southern Caribbean Cruises

Back to Back in the Caribbean

Sail Date: March 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

I usually take 10-day caribbean cruises, as the longer cruise sometimes weeds out the "rif-raf" and the number of children running around is lower on a longer cruise. But the idea of taking 2 back to back 7 day cruises on the Adventure was worth the risk. I particularly chose these two sailing dates because they were prior to spring breaks, so the ship was not overcome by half the island of Puerto Rico.

The ship was in great condition, considering it's over 10 years old. The crew takes great pride in this ship and I have absolutely nothing bad to say about either the ship or the crew. I thought the entertainment was varied, and there was always something to do.

I chose the "anytime dining" and was very impressed with the dining room staff - they remembered me after one brief encounter, and always tried to seat me at the same table. Great service and I thought the food was very good. I never ate at any of the restaurants that charge a fee, but I definitely More splurged on Ben & Jerry's a few times.

For back to back cruisers, they made the process very smooth. I loved that I wasn't rushed out of my room, but slept in and had a very relaxing cross-over day. They gather the back to back cruisers in a common room and walk everyone off together at 10:30, where you then promptly show your passport and turn right around and re-board the ship. Takes 10 minutes and you've got the entire ship to yourself for the day.

I would definitely take this ship again as I really enjoyed the varied entertainment options, great ports of call and amazing crew. For a huge ship, it was easy to find intimate spaces and meet people. Less

Read more Adventure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Adventure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Adventure of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 6

I took the ship excursion on the Excellence catamaran and loved this! It's about the 4th or 5th time I've taken this excursion which sails around the entire island with a 2 1/2 hour stop at a private island for lots of swimming, snorkeling, sunning and a great BBQ lunch.
Read 804 Antigua Reviews

I took a taxi to the Mambo Beach Club and spent a glorious day at this wonderful location. This is a great beach with calm, clear waters, a great restaurant and lots of shade. Love it!
Read 502 Curacao Reviews

I took a private excursion to Buck Island and this was one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. Very unspoiled and raw. Great snorkeling and a wonderful barbeque on the beach. We sailed to three different locations before returning back to port

St Kitt's is one of my favorite islands because it still feels unspoiled. I took a taxi to the Shipwreck bar beach and enjoyed a great day at the beach with a nice beach bar and shaded beach chair.

St Lucia is my least favorite island because of the hustle and bustle. I took a taxi straight to Pigeon Island, which is a park area with a nice little beach. Not as beautiful as Rodney Bay beach, but much quieter. I loved it - a great day in the sun and sand.

I love that you can simply walk into town and there's a fabulous stretch of beach right at your footsteps. Even with 5 or 6 ships in port, I found a relaxing, shaded beach chair and had a great day at the beach. Lots of restaurants along the boardwalk and I had wonderful mahi mahi and heineken for lunch.

As this was my first port, I just wanted to relax on the beach. I took a taxi to Emerald Beach and relaxed all day on this nice little beach with a great beach bar.
Read 2333 St. Thomas Reviews