Marina Cruise Review by bonatsue: Great stateroom expensive excursions!

bonatsue
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Marina Australia & New Zealand Cruises

Great stateroom expensive excursions!

Sail Date: March 2013
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

Third cruise on the Marina. I love a new ship no smells or mold. Penthouse 1 a
perfect size for a longer cruise. Butler and cleaning staff were excellent. Room under Waves Grill a bit too much noise at times. Gym and trainer excellent. Good equipment and nice selection of classes at the gym. Was a wine cruise, with good lectures on wine.

Food not the best. The special wine dinner at $95./person was exceptional. Food service and wine were 1st class. The specialty restaurants are okay, but you need patience, service is slow. Main dining room good food, slow service. The Terrace Grill(serve yourself) okay, but food selection limited.

Not a very friendly atmosphere, excepting our butler and cabin cleaners. Cruise director it very good and friendly. Officers kind of cold.

Biggest complaint are the outrageous excursion costs. These are over the top. Get off ship and get your own tours or book online before leaving home.

I wouldn't use their airfare or More transfers. I like direct flights and I have at least 4 days before and after cruise in hotels of my choice.

I would sail with them again, book most of my own tours, airfare, transfers, etc. The staterooms, room service meals, and the gym are the main reasons. Less

Read more Marina cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Marina Review >>

Cabin review: Marina Penthouse Suite Deck Eleven 11057

11057, under Waves Grill, not recommended. Room great. Plenty of storage, large veranda would have liked lounge and 1 chair instead of 2 chairs or better yet a table for eating. Bathroom nice, some people complain about shower, fine for my husband and I but we are 5'9 maybe small for taller or fatter people. Hard to get out of bathtub and I am in good shape. Nice amount of storage in bathroom. Great walk-in closet with plenty of hangers. Plenty of drawers nice makeup table. Table and chairs for meals nice.