Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by jpeso

Carnival Splendor
Carnival Splendor
Member Name: jpeso
Cruise Date: March 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 9C
See More About: Carnival Splendor Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Young seasoned cruiser losing his crush on Carnival
I have been a carnival advocate since my first cruise in early 2001, im 33 and use to be in love with cruising me and my wife. we just got back from a 8 day cruise out of nyc to the Bahamas during easter 3/31 - 4/8 and i am left with a bad taste in my mouth and stomach.

lets start with all the cutbacks, if im not mistaken carnival use to give free amenities inside the bathrooms including a tooth brush? well no more, they cut that and want you to pay some outlandish price at there gift shop. my room steward was no better he barely cleaned or changed the sheets. i had to beg my wife to stop cleaning. she was so infuriated that he wasnt doing it she decided to do it herself. the breakfast buffet was not good at all. the servers where not attentative at all to replenishment and quick to give attitude if they felt you asked for to much bacon. the breakfast sausages were horrible and changed daily. bangers what the hell is that? they had the round crispy hash browns one day and it was on the last day...they purposely held out to the last day on the best crispy hash browns. everything was always cold im not picky about my food except for my breakfast consider me a ron swanson man and i was not happy. the cheese doesnt melt right on the omelets. those buffet eggs are horrible, did i mention the pancakes and french toast were always cold? and they kept changing the dang sausages!

the dinners were not much better, i only went to 2 sit downs in the mdr out of the whole 8 days and it was ok. the buffet had hits and misses but my constant complaint was the food was always bland. it seems like carnivals food quality is not the best, just my opinion. also what happened to the chicken tenders that use to be served at the buffet at the grille? everybody doesn't eat beef. it may be tacky but put a microwave or two in the cafeteria to allow for reheating of food if need be. its nothing worse than cold buffet food and that was infuriating. only food you can constantly get hot was the wok but the line was around the bin every time. i will say the tuna sandwiches from room service were def awesome aswell as the pastrami cornbeef combo. that never went wrong. oh and the juices in the machines arent that great, they taste like knockoffs imo. had pizza that was horrible the first day but had it later towards the end and it was awesome.

me and my wife both got sick during the cruise on multiple occasions. we dont know if it was from the food or the rough seas at diff times but we tried our hardest to not let it kill or fun. my mother and son seemed to have the most fun cause they newbies lol but for us carnival is no where like it use to be when i first started cruising and now im thinking of giving the competition a twirl next time. its really a shame because i really wanna refer people but cant bring myself to do it anymore.

oh malcolm was awesome i really enjoyed him he's my friend in my head even though we never met lol

Publication Date: 04/14/13