Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by cariad1000

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by cariad1000
Adventure of the Seas
Adventure of the Seas
Member Name: cariad1000
Cruise Date: March 2013
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
See More About: Adventure of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+

Fabulous First Time Cruise
Despite the horrendous 24 hour journey from the UK via American Airlines (won't rush to travel with them again) the cruise on the wonderful Adventure of the Seas made it all worthwhile. The crew were perfect in every way and I can honestly say I wouldn't change a thing about our first time cruise experience (apart maybe from the rain on Saturday). Our stateroom attendant Ed was absolutely delightful and couldn't do enough for us, I wanted to bring him home!! Our MTD dining waiter Josip and his assistant Benjamin were simply the best and made us feel so special. Every crew member on board went out of their way to make our trip as easy and enjoyable as possible, I couldn't fault them at all.

We didn't go to many of the entertainment shows but I'd thoroughly recommend the ice show which was superb. The Jersey Boys Tribute band had really lovely voices, bless them, but dancing was definitely not their strong point. Unfortunately the Jersey Boys routines are simple but need to be very slick and timed to perfection and these lads just couldn't pull it off. The song at the end from Les Mis was sung beautifully and "Cry for Me" also performed very well. Maybe they should just rely on their own super voices rather than going down the tribute band route, their voices are certainly good enough.

Loved the ports we visited and the private tours we booked. I would definitely recommend booking private tours rather than taking the ship excursions. We booked two ship excursions, one was OK (St Croix catamaran) but was supposed to last three hours but we were back on the ship two hours after we left it, bit of a rip off. The other one was the Antiqua Experience which was nothing short of dreadful. Extremely patronising guide who treated us like a bunch of four year olds and the so called attractions were a complete joke. Stay away from this one at all costs. The third excursion we had booked with them, the Barbados Highlights tour, I can't comment on as the tatty old bus was so full that they had to pull down all the jump seats in the extremely narrow aisle. Being claustrophobic, this meant that I had to get off the bus before it left. In fairness to RCI, they refunded us the entire cost without us even having to ask. The representative told us that they had the same problem the previous day!! I think that RCI should maybe monitor the tour companies they use more closely.

I have most definitely joined the AOS fan club and in fact, we loved it and our stateroom so much that we've booked it again for a 12 night med cruise next year. Southampton departure this time though so no horrendous flights this time.

Publication Date: 04/13/13