Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by spagirl57: Raphsody- What is there not to like??!!

spagirl57
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Rhapsody of the Seas South Pacific Cruises

Raphsody- What is there not to like??!!

Sail Date: April 2013
Destination: South Pacific
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

Embarkation in Sydney was swift and fantastic, no waiting standing in long lines for ages. After we dropped off the bags and progressed through the Overseas Passenger terminal we sailed through the booking in process- thanks Lorraine!! Staff were extremely helpful and all went smoothly.

We were pleasantly surprised with our stateroom, plenty of storage, though we could not fit my bag under the bed, it did not get in the way. We loved the decor of the ship it has a wonderful elegant feel to it- the Edelweiss Dining Room particularly oozed elegance and charm. Wait staff were attentive and helpful. Food was of good quality and menu varied- truly one wonders how anyone could not be satisfied. The specialty restaurants were also very good- Giovanni's was awesome- we shared the entree and skipped the pasta course- the portions are more than enough to handle. Izumi was great, so good we turned up the next day for lunch! We saved Chops Grille until the last night of the cruise. Again More the food was overwhelming- great quality and steaks cooked to perfection. I could not finish my main...Petit Filet Mignon and shared Crème Brule with my husband. My only criticism would be the cost of bottled wine and not wanting to sound overly parochial but gee it would be nice to see more quality Australian wines on the menu rather than the token 1 in White and Red and under "Adventurous Wines" ??

Activities and entertainment were fantastic. Luke the Cruise Director was out and about and very visible. Stage shows were awesome- singers and dancers were great and the costumes and sets were wonderful- can't understand why anyone would complain about them. My only gripe was people incessantly talking all the way through the entertainment- if you want to have a chat- go outside!!

Yes there were a lot of kids- or maybe more kids than I am used to on a cruise. I can understand why parents are attracted to cruising as a holiday but I also wonder if there is any thought as to how their kids behavior may impact on others' holiday experience. Seems limited parental supervision is the order of the day- young ones race through the ship weaving in and out of passing passengers in crowded walkways, riding elevators up and down decks ad nauseum, truly a tad tiresome.

Loved the captain's daily announcements, staff were extremely conscious of ensuring guests were attended to and aimed to please. Our state room attendant was wonderful and could not do enough for us.

The tender process was smooth- much better than our last cruise. We particularly enjoyed Mystery Island and Isle of Pines for snorkeling, swimming and the opportunity to mingle with the local communities of the islands.

We both thoroughly enjoyed our cruise experience with Rhapsody and would recommend her to friends and families without hesitation. Less

Read more Rhapsody of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Rhapsody of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Rhapsody of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom Deck 7 7550

Great balcony, plenty of storage, compact bathroom- shower a little smaller then other lines we have cruised with- the dreaded shower curtain!!