Seven Seas Mariner Cruise Review by refoop99@shaw.ca

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Seven Seas Mariner Cruise Review by refoop99@shaw.ca
Seven Seas Mariner
Seven Seas Mariner
Member Name: refoop99@shaw.ca
Cruise Date: March 2013
Destination: Transatlantic
Cabin Category: E
See More About: Seven Seas Mariner Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Regent Seven Seas Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Seven Seas Mariner Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Seven Seas Mariner Deck Plans
Loved it!
We had a fabulous cruise on the Regent Seven Seas Mariner, Miami to Barcelona. This was our first time on Regent and we may never travel on another line. Regent surpassed all my expectations and was definitely worth the higher cost.

The Mariner is not a huge ship but the many public areas, bars, lounges, theaters and library give it an uncrowded, spacious feel. In addition to our lovely suite, there were many places on the ship to curl up with a book or just to relax in peace. My favorite was the coffee bar area on deck 6. I sure miss it now that I'm home! I ordered one or two different specialty coffees each day on board.

Deck 11, the pool deck, was another favorite place to relax. We never had any need to search for a lounge chair by the pool which was great. There were always plenty of loungers with terry cloth covers and towels set up by attentive stewards eager to bring us anything we wanted to drink.

Have I mentioned the food? Everything about the food was amazing. Of course, some items were better than others and if we ever ordered anything that didn't taste as good as expected, we just ordered something else. We never left any meal feeling anything but completely delighted and very full. The main restaurant, the Compass Rose was outstanding but my absolute favorite was one of the specialty restaurants (French) called Signatures. It was one of the best restaurants I've ever been to anywhere!

All of the staff were always polite and friendly. Our cabin wasn't huge but it was beautiful and extremely comfortable. (I absolutely loved the bed.) It was great having so many 1st run movies available to watch on our TV. The shore excursions were for the most part very good. I learned quickly that any type of "walking tour" was the best for me as I hate getting stuck on a bus. The ports of call were all terrific except for Casablanca. If we ever stop there on a future cruise I may just stay on board...

I can't finish this review without saying something about the superb enrichment lectures on the Mariner. We had quite a few sea days on this cruise and therefore had time to attend the two lectures offered each day at sea.

Ms. Angela Schneider gave talks on both classical music and on some of our destinations. Her talks were the highlights of the entire cruise.

I went to her first lecture with no expectations but left absolutely hooked.

I didn't miss one of her talks and I think I could listen to her speak about anything. I am no expert on classical music but her talks made it come alive for me.

The other lecturer, Ambassador Samuel Hart was excellent as well.

Publication Date: 04/11/13
More Seven Seas Mariner Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Seven Seas Mariner review Read the next Seven Seas Mariner review

More Transatlantic Cruise Reviews